Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migration from Exchang to PST -> Copy from PST via Imap to Kerioserver - Attachmentproblem
  •  
walter.harris

Send a private message to this user
Hi Kerio Team,

We have experienced a problem with exporting mails via IMAP to a Kerio Account.

Our situation was as follows: We had a Microsoft Exchange Server with our user accounts on it. We exported the whole content via Microsoft Outlook to a local PST file, which worked correctly. Afterwards we uploaded the mails using IMAP to a new Kerio account. Again this step was finished without any errors or exceptions. Now the problem occurred:

When using the Kerio offline connector (in version 6.5.1 built 6098 win32) our users were able to view their mails but they couldn’t access the included attachments. The size of the mails was still the size of text + attachment. We found a workaround for this problem by accessing these mails with attachments in the web mail (we opened the mails there and closed them again without doing anything). Apparently this step forced some kind of change inside the mail’s structure so that the Kerio offline connector war able to show the mail including the attachment (user was able to save the attachment locally).

What we know is that there is an option at the mailbox connected via Kerio offline connector (Mailbox of Test User ā properties ā folder synchronization // in German: Eigenschaften der Mailbox xy āOrdnersynchronisation) where you can regulate the download behavior of mails with attachments (just mails or mail + attachment). We tried both settings with our problem and both didn’t work correctly and led to the problem described above.

Another problem we found out testing this scenario was when we moved an imported mail from an exchange PST via IMAP to a Kerio account and following again to a local PST (means dragging it from the IMAP folder back to the PST). In this case the attachment disappeared completely and also the size of the mail was the text-only size.

We hope that you understand our problem and we’re looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Walter Harris
  •  
TorW

Send a private message to this user
walter.harris wrote on Tue, 09 September 2008 17:21

Our situation was as follows: We had a Microsoft Exchange Server with our user accounts on it. We exported the whole content via Microsoft Outlook to a local PST file, which worked correctly. Afterwards we uploaded the mails using IMAP to a new Kerio account. Again this step was finished without any errors or exceptions.

Hello Walter. I'm not on the Kerio team, but I'm curious about how you accomplished moving PST files to the Kerio Mail Server via IMAP. Did you do it with the Exchange Migration Tool?

I have a few PST files I want to import into KMS, and I was wondering if your solution was one I hadn't thought about ...
Previous Topic: Contact Field for BB Pin
Next Topic: Foldercontents not properly synced
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 14:05:38 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00386 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.