Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Configuration problem with KMS on Win2003
  •  
awaegel

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I've installed KMS 6.5.2 in trial mode on my Win2003 server, which also hosts some active websites. I've changed the SMTP server port and the webmail/http port to nonstandard values per the instructions, and I can log into webmail and send via KMS's SMTP just fine.

The problem I have is with receiving mail - mail sent to this domain from the outside is never received, and there's no bounce message.

I think I've set up DNS correctly:
- the domain is energywisepartner.net
- its MX record is mail.energywisepartner.net, and it's an
A record, not a cname
- The IP address of the MX record resolves correctly to the
server

No firewalls are in place in either Windows or the ISP.

Is there some crucial step I'm missing regarding Kerio's configuration or DNS setup?

Thanks,
- Andrew
  •  
awaegel

Well, the problem seems to have magically fixed itself - must have had to do with MX records needing time to expire in DNS.

One thing though - I set the SMTP service back to port 25, and at that point everything started working. This is contrary to the docs, but works for me because we don't have SMTP active within IIS. Doesn't SMTP need to be set to port 25 to receive email from outside domains?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

SMTP server MUST run on port 25 in order to receive email from other servers. This is a basic principle of email delivery. Other servers don't know on which port your server is listening so every server must use same port - 25.
Previous Topic: Null return-path
Next Topic: automatic updates failure
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 16:59:06 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00357 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.