Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » automatic updates failure
  •  
maroon.ibrahim

Send a private message to this user
Sirs...

Please advise what are the ports needed to be open on the firewall in order to get the updates/upgrades from both Mcafee anti-virus and Kerio Servers....

Really urgent I need to check if there are any new verions to update them... and to update the virus definitions...

your help is highly appreciated

Regards,
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

TCP port 80 (HTTP) to the Internet.
  •  
maroon.ibrahim

ok cool !!!

so if I whitelist this port on the my firewall... you could be able to access my server and check my licnese and get me the upgrades after the validation of the license and also as for Mcafee the same procedure... correct?

please advise... becasue the sys admin is hardly to understand about the security and protection of our e-mail system

thank you...
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

We don't contact your server. KMS must have access to Kerio servers in the Internet over port 80 to be able to download McAfee updates or information about new version.
Previous Topic: Configuration problem with KMS on Win2003
Next Topic: Issues with McAfee AV update
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 04:59:51 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00387 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.