Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Palm Treo / Windows / Outlook 2007 users?
  •  
NigelH

Send a private message to this user
Basically, I need to be able to either OTA or Cable Sync Public Calendars OR Multiple Private calendars to a PALM Treo device using Windows/Outlook 2007.

Does anyone know of a way of doing this?

Funny enough, on a Mac it's quite simple with Kerio Mac Sync Connector/iCal/Missing Sync.

There is some third-party sync software (pocketMirror) that will sync public and exchange folders however, it states on their website it doesn't work with Kerio.

Anyone, have any luck with this?

[Updated on: Wed, 10 September 2008 19:50]

Kerio Mail Server 6.7.2 Build 7821
Mac OS X Server 10.5.8
  •  
NigelH

No Message Body

[Updated on: Wed, 10 September 2008 19:51]

Mac OS X Server 10.5.8
  •  
scottwilkins

Only way to view multiple calendars with Kerio right now:

If the mobile device has a web browser, point it to http://www.yourcompany.com/pda

You'll get a full access mode into Kerio's web mail interface created for small devices.

The whole problem you are seeing is due to one of the few real problems with Windows in general. Backwards compatibilty. Blame this one on the users, not Microsoft though. In the 80/20 rule, the 80% have screamed for backwards compatibility for years, and won't shut up about it. iCal is a new standard so it was created from the ground up with known issues to be solved. Activesync is a very very old standard created back when moving data to a mobile device was slow and expensive, so extra capabilies were just not available. If Microsoft were to change it or make a new one, then probably all the old devices would stop working. Basically, we can't have out cake and eat it too.

Eventually they'll figure it out. These things take time. Kerio may even figure something out better than MS could, if given enough time. So for now, the "PDA" remains a true "Personal Data Assistant" and not "Public Data Assistant".

You might also consider what I just did...
http://dell.com/mini
A good point between a true computer and a PDA. These little ultra-portable computers are extremely popular right now. And as cheap as a cell phone in many cases. I'll use mine via the bluetooth internet share ability of my AT&T Tilt.

[Updated on: Wed, 10 September 2008 20:07]

•  
NigelH

scottwilkins wrote on Wed, 10 September 2008 20:05

Only way to view multiple calendars with Kerio right now:

If the mobile device has a web browser, point it to http://www.yourcompany.com/pda

You'll get a full access mode into Kerio's web mail interface created for small devices.

Thanks, but I don't see public folders in this mode or anything but the inbox. CORRECTION: I see public mail folders but no contacts or Calendar folders.

I understand Active Sync doesn't work however, has anyone got USB sync to work for multiple folders or public folders. Seems like such a simple thing to do. Used to work on the old NOW Up-to-date Calendar system - was just a conduit to sync multiple calendars.

[Updated on: Wed, 10 September 2008 20:13]

Mac OS X Server 10.5.8
  •  
NigelH

anyone every try CompanionLink to cable sync to Outlook?
http://www.companionlink.com/products/companionlink.html

Mac OS X Server 10.5.8
Previous Topic: Share folder synchronization KOF
Next Topic: KOC KOFF 6.5 corrupt Profile problems
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 04:12:53 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00457 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.