I have read the following post from 6 months ago
and wanted to know if there were any updates.
I have experimented with SyncJe on the BB Curve using BIS on o2 in the UK and have found out the following.
1) Contacts seem to sync ok
2) Calendar works at first but then seems to duplicate events all the time
3) the folder ./Tasks does not seem to be recognised - anyone know what the right folder would be?
has anyone else had any luck with SyncJe?
I get the Contacts between Kerio Mailserver and a Blackberry 8900 Curve synced successfully!
I used the trial of SyncJE from nexthaus.
;( I did not get it working yet with the funambol client (This would be free, but: 'Network error').
Setting for successful syncing (for me working):
On Kerio Mailserver 6.5: Open Ports for SSL&HTTP.... nothing else I think.
-Server URL: 'http://[my.doma.in][no port, I use standard]/sync/' (I think '/sync/' is really essential!)
- user & password: YOU should know! Wink I used full username (with Domain)
- only(!) activate 'Contacts' with './Contacts'.
if there's a wrong datastore e.g. for calendar (I can't find out), nothing would be synced.
- BIS (other possibilities should work also)
- APN: 'wap.viaginterkom.de' (O2 Germany), empty user/pw
- Timout, minutes: '10'
- Skip saving attendees: not-set
- Max Blocksize(kB): '0' (I think 0 is for unlimited, with limit no whole sync was done for me.)
- Debug Log: set
;( I want more!
;( I want to sync my Calendar, but I don't get it! I can't find out the right folder name and get the error "The requested datastore was not found."
;( I want to autostart SyncJE, when I switch off and on the BB.
Smile Perhaps someone find out?! *hopeful*
Best regards SB
PS: In case of this I read you should delete cical/ical items in service book.
[Updated on: Sun, 10 January 2010 15:44]
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum
members and may contain information and material posted by members which may
be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not
intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any
information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the
posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in
the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the
discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the
company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to
monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of