Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Can not block FTP,POP3 without authentication (Firewall Rules)
  •  
Repla

Send a private message to this user
I have hotspot system on my network and I translate all services from local to internet to NAT(Default outgoing interface) to my login page.

But when people connect and open their e-mail program like Thunderbird and outlook, my login page comes to e-mail program's welcome box and waits for username and password for displaying welcome screen...

at the same time programs starts to download e-mails from internet...

and everybody can use ftp without login to system, if i block ftp by port, logged customers can not use either.

Please show me proper firewall rules for solving this problem.

I had Chinese customers last month they display a website called pps.tv and this site has its own client program. They watch HD movies without downloading or p2p. WinRoute can not specify the traffic on that program. It doesn't comes as a P2P and http url but in active users page it shows really high traffic. I can only kill the connections but for one movie they make 5000 connections and i cannot kill them one by one. They watch movies not from 1 server every body shares their movies from their hard disks. this pps.tv thing was hassle.

Please help me for first two problem with firewall rules..

Thanx advance...
  •  
subnet

Send a private message to this user
Why don't you use filtering IP Based. How did you configure KWF. Via the wizard or did you create manual rules. From the site pps.tv, you can check in kerio what service/ports its running.

Previous Topic: packet dropped: cannot perform NAT
Next Topic: Can't Get IP Address from KWF DHCP
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 06:16:54 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00432 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.