Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » can't see users and groups after configuring directory service (after configuring direcory service and Enable mapping cant see any user or group!)
  •  
imax36581

Send a private message to this user
hi my friends
im new to kerio mail server and at the first step of configuring kerio i have big problem....
First i install the Kerio Active Directory Extensions on my domain controller then In the administration console, open the Configuration/Domains section,then Open the domain created within the installation by clicking on the Edit,next i go to Directory service tab and enter domain server's incormation and Enable mapping.and be i be sure that in the advance tab >kerberos> my domain name was set.
but after applying and going to domain>users icant see any user (the same problem in groups)
i use import buttom to import my user account and its work for me...but what about my groups??
i must see my user and groups but i cant see any of them after configuring directory service Sad
also i import my users but i have to having my groups too.
thanks in advance.
  •  
sedell

Installing Active Directory extensions does not automatically create user mailboxes. You may have users you don't want to have mail accounts. The same with groups. You may have groups you don't want to use in Kerio.

You still have to add the Kerio account in Active Directory. You can do it two ways:

From Active Directory - right-click the user/group account and choose Kerio MailServer Task.

From the Kerio Admin Console - on the users or groups screen, click Add. The Add User window comes up, select "Activate a user in directory service", and click OK. You will then see a list of domain accounts you can create an account for, and take it from there.

Scott
  •  
imax36581

i didn't know anything about this future.
but in my opinion it's better that kerio automatically add all of the groups and users ,then if administrator's wants someone haven't got account,he can delete special account easily.(because usually all users need mail account).anyway....thanks for your reply.
seems to have a new question about kerio later Wink
Previous Topic: Sending e-mail
Next Topic: Increase Timeout of SMTP-delivery thread
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 11:53:43 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00471 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.