Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Apache / Kerio Conflict in PHP?
  •  
NorthernAlberta

Send a private message to this user
Hello,
I've just opened a ticket with Kerio, but I was wondering if anyone on the community has had issues running Apache with PHP and Kerio on a single server?
I've got a Windows 2003 SP2 server running Kerio for the last few years with no problem, but now I've upgraded our web server from IIS running on the same system to Apache 2.2.
The odd part now is that I've got some custom PHP code that seems to have that ability to crash both Apache and Kerio, where it was working fine on the IIS system.
One example of what I've been able to find is the PHP command <_a.t_>fopen was being used to check for existing files, but when it runs now it kills both systems. I've replaced this example, but am still having issues, so if anyone knows other examples that would be great.
Another oddity is that when the systems go down, the only way to restart then I can find is to reboot the whole server, stoping/starting the service doesn't help.

Thanks for any help you folks can provide, this is driving me nuts!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Do you have any cofiguration value in the registry keys HKLM\SOFTWARE\PHP\ or HKLM\SOFTWARE\PHP5\ ?
  •  
charisma

I'm running ISS and having constant crashed due to PHP with my Kerio Mailserver as well. Tech support couldn't help, and instead said that I should install on a different machine, which, since I'm co-locating a 1U server, isn't that easy.

I checked my PHP key, and I have the following:
ApacheDir - C:\
InstallDir - C:\PHP\

Since I'm not running Apache, not too sure why the first value is in there..
  •  
sedell

I have KMS running alongside Apache. PHP on the Apache server doesn't interfere at all.

I went with the manual install method instead of using the installer, so I don't have any registry keys. PHP isn't in the default C:\php directory, all of the files are contained within the php directory, I didn't add the directory to the system path variable, and I didn't drop any files into system directories (they used to recommend this). I just use the Apache PHPIniDir setting and load php from httpd.conf.

It's been a while since I've done a fresh install for PHP, but I remember there was a search order it uses to locate files and libraries it's dependent on, like the php.ini file or php DLLs. I imagine it's possible your PHP install is found before the one bundled with KMS. I'm wondering if the registry keys, an install directory added to the system path, or php DLLs in a system directory might be found before the locally bundled php that install with KMS because it falls earlier in the search order.

Scott
Previous Topic: Get Offline Phone List?
Next Topic: smtp authentification takes a long time
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 02:52:55 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00394 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.