Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio and Apple Mail app Authentication issues (Authentication)
  •  
consiglieri

Send a private message to this user
Hi

Just installed Kerio Mailserver, latest version, on a leopard server.

When a client tries to connect to imap or smtp using MD5-Challenge response the server refuses to authenticat (Kerio is using Open Directory)

Outlook clients have no problems on pc's.

I'm at a loss as to figure out why this is not working. I have set CRAM-MD5 and DIGEST-MD5 as authentications methods in Advanced.

I've noted in the debug log the following

[17/Sep/2008 18:46:51][2978729984] {auth} CRAM-MD5 user xxxxx has incompatible password type

Any help appreciated

Thanks

[Updated on: Wed, 17 September 2008 19:00]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
CRAM-MD5 and DIGEST-MD5 authentication methods cannot be used if the internal user password is stored in SHA-1 format or when the user is mapped from OpenDirectory. In both cases KMS does not have access to the password and cannot authenticate the user with these methods. The client should try next available method which is LOGIN or PLAIN. Also, you can configure either client or KMS to not use these methods at all.
Previous Topic: iPhone Email Attachments when released?
Next Topic: Unread total in Outlook wrong
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 18:00:30 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00358 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.