Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » KWF on my laptop
  •  
omnitron

Send a private message to this user
Hello,
I use KWF v6.0.10 on my laptop & im verry satisfied with it , but i have a problem it prevents my laptop from entering standby , what can i do about it ? I really need that stanby mode to save power sometimes and to "lock" session & so on.
Any setting in it or any way that i can set it or do with it so it will allow my laptop to enter stanby ?

[Updated on: Thu, 18 September 2008 00:47]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I'm really surprised that someone buys a network firewall with 10 user license to protect a single laptop. Or am I wrong?
  •  
omnitron

well i actually receive it , i dident got money out of my pocket & i liked it , but i would really want to use it properly on my laptop , meaning i would like to know if i can do smth abt that standby thing.

And let me understand this is a professional answer from some1 who is here to provide help ? or im wrong ?

[Updated on: Wed, 17 September 2008 22:13]

•  
winkelman

Well, why use a complicated thing like KWF when the built-in XP/Vista firewall can do the job of protecting a single computer from incoming threats just as good and with a lot less hassle? And protect your computer from outgoing threats even better then KWF (as KWF will not function as an application firewall and the built-in solution will)?

KWF is not meant/created/developed for your setup and probably never will be tuned to be functioning on an end-users computer/laptop.

So basically you have a choice: use KWF without your computer going into standby or use something else. I don't mean to be harsh, but this is just the way it is.
  •  
omnitron

yea i got the idea , i was thinking of that , the thing is i had servers on which i used KWF , and now i dont have them anymore so im stuck with the firewall & i said why not use it
Thank you very much for the advice.
  •  
subnet

Why not use Kerio Personall Firewall Laughing
  •  
moro666

OH MY GOD !!!!!!!

I can't believe this Shocked

Mohammad Habeeb
Previous Topic: Kerio WinRoute Firewall 6.5.0 released
Next Topic: Web Statistics do not display after upgrade to 6.5.1
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 02:02:07 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00399 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.