Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » kerio user accounts dropping out.
  •  
skeates

Send a private message to this user
Hi there.

Our mailserver was doing strange things yesterday. We have about 80 people using it quite heavily and we are running Kerio 6.5.2

Some users were being disconnected from Kerio while others were able to continue using it perfectly fine. When the users were disconnected they could not log into their webmail either.

I can not see anything peculiar in the logs.

Alexis
  •  
sedell

Was it a problem connecting to the server, or authenticating? What happened when they tried to connect? What were they connecting with? What happened when they tried to get in through webmail? Are you using built in accounts, or a directory server?

It could be a lot of things, but we don't have enough info to go on. You might want to right-click the debug log, and choose messages. That will allow you to enable all sorts of logging to better diagnose the problem.

Scott
  •  
skeates

The accounts are added within Kerio.

When the issue occurred Entourage, Mail and Thunderbird would loose connection to the mailserver. The affected people would not be able to log into their webmail either or if they could it would be very slow at loading up the pages and then not load everything.

Other people were fine. I also had checked the issue by logging into the webmail from the actual mailserver it's self which gave the same result.

Connecting to the mailserver was not a problem, just authenticating and getting data from Kerio.

Thanks
Alexis
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Perhaps you should take a look at Opened Folders in the Administration Console to find out if the mailboxes are not locked. Locked mailbox (folder) is indicated by high reference count number.
  •  
sedell

I would also check things like disk, RAM and CPU usage. It could be that something is bogging the system down so badly that it can't respond properly. If you're on Windows you can monitor those things by running perfmon, and adding the appropriate counters.

Similar things happen here, though to a much lesser degree, if I perform any disk intensive operations, like compressing a month's archive with WinZip or Winrar while people are actively logged in and using the system. It just grinds the server to a horribly slow pace if users are connected and working at the same time, especially when I run checksums to verify the contents. I have to perform tasks like that at night.

The built-in backup can also have similar effects if you run it during the day. I've not seen it that bad, but it does bog the system down quite noticeably. If something else is running at the same time, you could have the server going so slow you'd get timeouts.

Scott
  •  
alexandre

Hi Skeates,

I know the thread is old Razz
But i'm actually experiencing the same problem on a network i have to work.

Could you solve your problem? Did you find any solution?
I would be interested to know.

Thank you very much.

Alex.
  •  
skeates

This was in general an ongoing issue until recently.

After we upgraded to Kerio Connect 7.2 this problem resolved it's self. I had loads of problems over time with Kerio prio to 7.2 this I think was mainly due to a heavy user load and a big mail store 700gb +.

I believe the other issue that contributed to this was the disk's in the machine I had Kerio installed on were setup as RAID 5 and they were not the slowest, but not the fastest disk's either.

After doing quite a bit of research I came to the conclusion that I should have set the system up on faster disk's running raid 10 and not 5 as the general consensus is that the only thing that really impacts Kerio performance is the disk speed and the IO writes.

Hope this helps.

•  
alexandre

Thanks for your answer.

It's very nice from you after all this time.

We are on 7.2 already, but the 7.2.o

We plan to update to 7.2.1 this week, as they solved an issue with abnormal disconnections after having renamed or move a calendar.

I hope it will help.

Thanks again.

Alex.
Previous Topic: Public Contacts Permission Error in Outlook
Next Topic: Smart Card Usage
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 15:56:23 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00423 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.