Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How to make custom spam rules?
  •  
tinaa

Send a private message to this user
My Kerio Mailserver downloads pop3 mail from an outside server. The latter has it's own spam filter that adds a "X-PMX-Spam" header with information on the probability of a message being spam.

Here's a sample header from a Spam message:
X-PMX-Spam: Gauge=XXXXXXXXXX, Probability=100%, Report='URI_CLASS_FINANCIAL_DOMAIN 5, MIME_HTML_ONLY_MULTI 4.500, OBFU_CLASS_FINANCIAL 4, OBFU_CLASS_OTHER 2, PRIORITY_NO_NAME 0.716, HTML_FONT_COLOR_GRAY 0.100, HTML_50_70 0.092, __CT 0, __CTYPE_HAS_BOUNDARY 0, __HAS_X_PRIORITY 0, __CTYPE_MULTIPART 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __SANE_MSGID 0, __MIME_HTML_ONLY 0, __MIME_HTML 0, __TAG_EXISTS_HTML 0, __TO_MALFORMED_2 0, __MIME_VERSION 0, __CTYPE_MULTIPART_ALT 0, __EVITE_CTYPE 0'

The Gauge= string uses X's for 10% and I's for 1% so probability=57% would be:
X-PMX-Spam: Gauge=XXXXXIIIIIII, Probability=57%......

I find while KMS's spam filter isn't bad, the filter on my provider's server is somewhat more accurate, so I want to use it to improve the filtering in KMS so that webmail is more useable.

I set up Spam Filter in KMS to:
Enable SpamEliminator Rating - checked
Custom rule:
Header: X-PMX-Spam
Type: contains substring
Content: Gauge=XXXX
Then: Add score to the message: 10.0
Action
If message's score is higher than: 5.0
Mark the message as spam

So in theory if the outside pop3 server marks the message at least 40% spam then KMS's spam filter should treat it as 100% spam.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work. If KMS's filter scores above 5 the message is treated as spam for a user's filter rules, but if KMS's filter scores below 5 and the other spam filter scores above 40% it doesn't get treated as spam.

I'm using KMS version 1.2.0

Can anyone educate me on what's wrong here?

Thanks.
Previous Topic: Message storage volume has changed
Next Topic: How do you train SpamAssassin integrated with KMS?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 18:35:54 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00358 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.