Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Proxy problem on KWF 6.5?
  •  
FabioR

Send a private message to this user
Hi everybody,
Last friday I upgraded the KWF from verion 6.4.3 to 6.5 and everything seemed to work fine.
Anyway, yesterday I found out some strange problems that me and my colleagues weren't able to solve: in fact, in many old PCs it's not possible to login from the browser because the login screen doesn't appear, it seems that they fail to reach the proxy server.
This happens mainly on old Win2000 PCs but also on some XPs...
We could solve the problem putting on the IE settings the proxy IP with the relative port, but this is quite strange: in fact, if we enable the HTTPS login, everything works fine!

Do you have any suggestion?

•  
rykn21x

hi did you try checking under services the HTTP should have protocol inspector HTTP in it..

I had this problem before.. I removed the HTTP protocol inspector and the Login Page was not functioning but I re-enable the HTTP protocol inspector under HTTP and it was working again...

hope this helps!
  •  
gshmar

hi there

i have similar problem
at least you mange to get the authentication page..
can you tell me plz what is your setting ,,
i will try it

one think ,,,i can say for sure
if you disabled the cache service it will work.. but i need the cache service also

plz tell me your setting

here is my setting

*in proxy im selection Direct access
*in URL rules ,, all disabled ( because i tried to configure it with no use )
*in advanced - web interface i enabled HTTP with port ( 80 ) otherwise no one will be able to get the login page

*in user authen i seleced always require user to authenticat

waiting for your response ,, thanks Razz
  •  
rykn21x

hi gshmar, sorry for the late reply was out for vacation i just got back.. well here is the setting of my kerio winroute..

***HTTP Policy - Cache (TAB)

* Enable cache on transparent proxy

Http protocol TTL:1
Cache Directory : D:\Kerio\Cache
Cache Size: 1024MB
Max HTTP object size : 512KB

Cache options:
*Cache responses "302 redirect"
*Always validate files in cache

HTTP Policy - Proxy Server (TAB)

*Enable non-transparent proxy server
Port : 3128
Set automatic Proxy Config script to :
* Direct access

****Advance Options - Web interface/SSL-VPN (TAB)
* Enable Kerio Clientless SSL-VPN Server
* Enable HTTP Web Interface
* Enable HTTPS (SSL-Secured)Web Interface
Winroute server name : servarname.domain.com

So far this is my configuration... I enabled the SSL-VPN option because this is where your users will authenticate.. but my Kerio is part of my Active Directory so all authentication is via AD.

I hope this helps.. and good luck!
  •  
gshmar

hi rykn21x

thanks for your responce

i will try your setting tomorrow

matter in fact i have testing server .. running right now with one PC connected to it
i will do the testing if not working

i can give you an access to that server by Team View program
i just need your Email to send you the login ID and password

thanks for your help
i hope your setting will solve my problem .

Regards
  •  
rykn21x

hi gshmar, I am glad that I can help out... I will send you my private email through private message.

****I tried sending you a private by your account doesn't accept PM so here is my email macoraye<_a.t_>yahoo.com

I hope everything works out fine. I you encounter the same problem try to reformat your kerio firewall and install a fresh copy then do the configuration.. It is more advisable if you join it through AD and it's OS is Windows 2000 or 2003 for more security.

Good luck!

[Updated on: Wed, 02 September 2009 08:07]

•  
gshmar

HI rykn21x
I SEND YOU AN Email reagrding my problem

still not workin,,,,

any help ????
  •  
rykn21x

HI gshmar, sorry I wasn't able to answer you on your email I will try to answer it today.. but in the meantime if it is possible could you do a fresh installation?? then 1st configure HTTP Policy.. enable cache proxy (transparent)then next configure the user's authentication under USER...

always remember that in order for the changes to take effect you need to restart your firewall coz sometimes it doesnt refresh so you need to restart it to make the changes to apply..

I will try to check your configuration as soon as I can.

keep me posted and good luck!
Previous Topic: Automatic Dial-Up of DSL doesn't work (KWF 6.7.0, Win 2008)
Next Topic: How many licenses
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 06:11:11 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00420 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.