Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » kerio behind comcast gateway
  •  
buggs1a

Send a private message to this user
I've got a Comcast Gateway which is modem plus router in one box. I want to disable all routing from it and use kerio as my router. i don't know how to set this up at all. i turn off dhcp server and the firewall in the gateway. on the pc with kerio this is how i have it set.

comcast gateway 192.168.1.1 dhcp server and firewall off.
Kerio pc WAN info is as follows.
i don't know what it should be nor what the dhcp server/lan needs to be.
Here's what i've tried.
kerio WAN nic ip 192.168.1.2. the comcast gateway will not give the wan ip behind it no matter what. so i can't use dhcp auto from the kerio wan nic or lan nic.
subnet 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.1
dns 192.168.1.1

lan nic
i don't have any idea what to use for the lan ip/gateway/subnet/dns. i have tried it like this.
lan ip 192.168.1.3
no gateway or if i put in one kerio says it won't work and must only be on the wan.
dns i don't know, but have tried 192.168.1.1 and have tried 192.168.1.3
subnet 255.255.255.0
i even tried lan ip 10.1.10.1
subnet 255.0.0.0
i set up the dhcp server in kerio for the range of 192.168.3-192.168.1.50 and even tried using 10.1.10.10-.50 etc. in this issue i even changed lan ip to 192.168.2.1 and from all of this nothing works. for some reason it seems the comcast gateway still gave out a 192.168.1.27 lan ip to one device yet the comcast gateway dhcp server was off.

so i don't know at all how to make kerio work behind it.
  •  
buggs1a

wow, over 90 reads, but no help. sad, very sad that no one knows how to use kerio.
  •  
dwar08

buggs1a wrote on Fri, 26 September 2008 21:13

wow, over 90 reads, but no help. sad, very sad that no one knows how to use kerio.

I'm thinking the same thing... I have a question posted a couple down from yours and I have over 100 reads with no help either. Either no one knows anything or the ones that do don't participate... Either way I'm thinking I'm making a wrong decision going with Kerio... The user community is one of the most important factors in my decision to buy a product... This is one of the worst I've seen... Looking down through the threads there are a lot of questions with a lot of reads but no help... Time to move on to another product for me...

[Updated on: Sat, 27 September 2008 08:05]

•  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

buggs1a wrote on Sat, 27 September 2008 04:13

Problem is not in KWF, you need to setup your Comcast gateway correctly. And I doubt anyone here can help you with that.

Basically, if you have 192.168.1.0/24 network coming from Comcast gateway (and it's Internet interface for KWF), internal LAN has to use another IP range (10.0.0.0/24) for example. Then you can use Configuration Wizard in KWF to setup trafic rules and enable NAT.

However since you don't have public IP on KWF machine, you'll still need to use NAT in Comcast gateway as well.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

dwar08 wrote on Sat, 27 September 2008 07:52

I'm thinking the same thing... I have a question posted a couple down from yours and I have over 100 reads with no help either. Either no one knows anything or the ones that do don't participate... Either way I'm thinking I'm making a wrong decision going with Kerio... The user community is one of the most important factors in my decision to buy a product... This is one of the worst I've seen... Looking down through the threads there are a lot of questions with a lot of reads but no help... Time to move on to another product for me...

This forum is for discussion between forum members and our customers. If you're looking for technical support, please submit a ticket at http://support.kerio.com

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
buggs1a

Actually the problem was and is with kerio. there's nothing to set in the comcast gateway. i just didn't/don't know how to set up the kerio, but then comcast says nothing will work behind it for the most part anyhow.

they gave me a modem yesterday so i don't have the gateway anymore and now i know how to get kerio to work normally.
Previous Topic: traffic policy with KERIO
Next Topic: OrangeWeb filter: Initialization failed: Error
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 10:32:43 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00393 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.