Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook synchronization conflict
  •  
HugoM

Send a private message to this user
I've installed Kerio Outlook Connector (offline) plug-in and after configuring the new account to Kerio server.
After that I've tried to copy some e-mails from another account (POP) folder in outlook without success. It always shows the following error:

There was a synchronization conflict concerning the 'yyyyy' message in the 'Inbox' folder.
You haven't appropriate rights for the folder.

As a solution, the message has been moved to the 'Conflits' folder.

This is only an informational message generated by Kerio Outlook Connector engine. You don't have to take any further action.

All the e-mails keep going to the 'Conflits' folder and if I try to move them from the 'Conflits' folder to the 'Inbox' the same problem happens. I've search the manual looking for clues but I only found out the following: "Conflicts are situations where a message, event or another item is changed separately both on the server and in Kerio Outlook Connector in the interval between synchronizations (synchronization is started in defined periods)."
http://www.kerio.com/manual/kmsug/en/sect-koffline.html#sect -kofflinesync

I don't know how there is conflict here because the messages aren't in the server.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.
Best regards,
Hugo

Note: I'm using Outlook 2003.

•  
HugoM

Hello all,

I've found the problem.
I've set up a limit to my user in the server and the limit was reached. The problem where is that it should have showed a message that the limit was reached and not several messages with the title "synchronization conflict".

Best regards,
Hugo
  •  
sedell

I've run into this as well. I had a lot of fun the first time I ran into it. The problem is caused by sending mail when a user hits quota with KOFF.

KOFF doesn't seem to know about the quota, and allows the user to send mail. So the sent message goes on it's way, and a copy gets placed in the Sent Items folder. When it tries to sync that message with the server, there's no space for it because of the quota, so the message gets rejected generating the conflict.

It will continue to allow the user to send mail. A user can send quite a bit of mail if they're not paying attention and don't notice the conflict warnings in their Inbox, or if they simply don't care that they are generating conflicts.

Scott
Previous Topic: Bounces - preventing backscatter
Next Topic: Inbox sub-folders using Outlook Connector
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 02:56:50 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00399 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.