Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Problem with BCCd mails
  •  
apecontact

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Our client is using Kerio mailserver. We realised that when mails are sent with one or more IDs (under the domain managed by Kerio) in the BCC field, these mails are bouncing back. However, there is no such problem with To and CC.
Any ideas why this could be happening?

Thanks.
A. P. E.
  •  
Lyle M

Please post the content of the bounce sent by KMS.

I've never seen this happen with KMS. I have seen some email clients that won't let you send to a BCC recipient unless there is also an address in the TO field.

Also note (when you have this problem resolved) that when sending to a BCC address it is VERY IMPORTANT that you put something in the TO field anyway. Versions of Kerio prior to 6.5.2 (could be 6.5.1) will DISPLAY THE BCC ADDRESSES IN THE HEADERS. If you don't wish to include an address in the TO field, make sure KMS is up to date and test with each of your clients.

Cheers,
Lyle
  •  
sedell

lylehm wrote on Sat, 27 September 2008 11:16

Versions of Kerio prior to 6.5.2 (could be 6.5.1) will DISPLAY THE BCC ADDRESSES IN THE HEADERS.

I've never seen that happen. Where does it put the address?

Scott
  •  
Lyle M

The "for" header.

I experienced the problem up to 6.4.2. Didn't get to test in 6.5 or 6.5.1. It does not appear to be present in 6.5.2.

-Lyle
  •  
sedell

I'm using 6.5.2. It appends that to the Received header when there is only one address in the BCC field, and nothing in the TO or CC fields. In that case, it's not an issue. If there is more than one address in the BCC field, it does not record that info.

Scott
Previous Topic: Merging calendars
Next Topic: expanding mail header
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 01:06:22 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00461 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.