Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » FORGED_HOTMAIL_RCVD and other spam filtering issues (How can we fine tune it?)
  •  
jaikudo

Send a private message to this user
Our spam filtering is detecting quite a lot of messages from Hotmail and MSN as spam. The offending detection pattern seems to be:

FORGED_HOTMAIL_RCVD: 2.255

2.255 is quite a high value to add to the spam score. What is FORGED_HOTMAIL_RCVD and why is it penalised so highly? As far as I can see the messages are all legitimate messages from our customers and I don't see any forgery going on.

How can I fix things to let legitimate messages through? At the moment we are subtracting 1 from the spam score for all Hotmail and MSN addresses. This isn't solving the problem completely and I don't want to subtract any more in case lots of real spam starts getting through.

Also, the spam filter penalises messages staring "Dear". Quite a lot of legitimate job application emails start this way. Can we also tweak that?
  •  
jaikudo

Send a private message to this user
Previous Topic: Sync mysql Contacts with Kerio via Vcard files
Next Topic: Kerio 6.6.0 Release Date??
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 01:23:30 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00330 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.