Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Merging calendars
  •  
cwachs

Send a private message to this user
I need some advice on a problem. I have a user that has 3 Calendars on his account and they are nested:

Calendar -> Old_Calendar
Calendar -> Old_Calendar1

Basically, both "Old_Calendar" folders are nested in "Calendar". What he wants to do is get all the events out of the 2 nested ones and put them in the main "Calendar" folder and then delete the 2 old ones. Not an easy task in Outlook.

So, I was going to do this from command line for him. I see all the events are stored in "#msgs" in each Old_Calendar folder. Is moving all those files from #msgs of one calendar folder to the #msgs folder of another calendar folder enough? There are over 50,000 items in there that need to be moved. What is the best way for dealing with this?
  •  
winkelman

cwachs wrote on Fri, 26 September 2008 18:48

... Is moving all those files from #msgs of one calendar folder to the #msgs folder of another calendar folder enough? There are over 50,000 items in there that need to be moved. What is the best way for dealing with this?

That's tricky, because simply moving around files in the store screws up all indexes and so forth. As a general rule, you should not mess with the store directly, only 'through' Kerio.

Why not connect to the Kerio account with Outlook (with KOC), set the calendar into the 'list view mode' so all events are in a single long list and then drag them into the correct calendar?

I wouldn't do all 50.000 in one move, but perhaps in batches of, say, a few thousand? Will take you an hour maybe, but at least your avoiding all risk of screwing up the store.

Of course, make sure you have a decent backup before you start messing around Smile
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Actually, this is an easy task in Outlook. Select the calendar and switch the view to All appointments (in the menu View). Then select all appointments in the list and copy/move them to new folder.

Do not edit/move/delete any file in the message store. This is bad idea.
  •  
mpermann

You should be able to log into the users account in the full-featured Web interface and fix it from there if the problem is being caused on the server and not with Outlook. You can quite easily right click on one of the sub-folders and do a Move or Copy all from the menu and choose to move the items from the sub-folder to the main Calendar folder. If you don't see all of the sub-foldering in the Web interface then likely the problem isn't being caused with the server.
Mike
  •  
cwachs

Do I not need to know the users password to do this? It is encrypted in his conf file and I don't want to ask him for it.

-----------
Server installation:
Kerio Connect 7.1
OS X Server 10.5.8
Apple G4 X Serve
  •  
mpermann

Yea, to log into the web interface you will need his username and password. I don't know of a way to get it without simply asking your user for it. If you use the Outlook method posted above you will need access to his computer I presume.
Mike
  •  
RHarmsen.nl

mpermann wrote on Fri, 26 September 2008 19:33

Yea, to log into the web interface you will need his username and password. I don't know of a way to get it without simply asking your user for it. If you use the Outlook method posted above you will need access to his computer I presume.
Mike

Or you ask the user to grant you access to the folders, and when you are completed he can remove the rights.
Previous Topic: Bombarded with Spam messages in Inbox - NOT being filtered!!
Next Topic: Problem with BCCd mails
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 19 22:49:22 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00458 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.