Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio mixes up 2 iPhone Accounts
  •  
matzd

Send a private message to this user
Hello,
we've got a really serious problem here: 2 Users with iPhones and own Mail accounts in Kerio MS want to connect with their iPhones to KMS. Connecting with Kerio is no problem.
BUT: One user can see the data (calendar) of the other user!!!!! Mad Mad Mad
This is an absolute issue in Kerio MS! In Kerio Admin Console BOTH iPones are registered with both Users. The iPhones have different SN and as I wrote in the beginning of my post they have different usernames and passwords. This is an absolute NO-GO in my opinion. Did we do something wrong? We use the latest built of KMS and have both iPhones updated to FW 2.1. My chief now is thinking about MS Exchange...

Any suggestions or hints?

[Updated on: Fri, 26 September 2008 21:36]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

This Is not possible. Unless there Is serious misconfiguration of KMS. I'm sure it is not a bug in KMS.
  •  
matzd

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Fri, 26 September 2008 22:58

This Is not possible. Unless there Is serious misconfiguration of KMS. I'm sure it is not a bug in KMS.

This is, what I have thougt, before it happened to us.....
But to make your reply useful to me, it would be kind if you can tell me how KMS can be missconfigured a way that it has a result like that.
The accounts are kept seperately if this 2 users use Outlook or Webaccess on their desktops.
As I wrote: Both they log in with their own Password, Username and their own iPhone!
What else should they do?

In Admin console both Serial Numbers are registred for both users....

Btw: We did exactly, what you can see here: http://support.kerio.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=v iewarticle&kbarticleid=489

[Updated on: Mon, 29 September 2008 22:17]

•  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

Are the Last synchronization fields of the same iPhone updated for both users ? Are those users sharing their calendars to each other ? Have you tried to remove devices in Admin Console and setup synchronization again ?

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
matzd

Hi,

we did some screenshots to illustrate the problem.
If user Dinse connects to KMS both iPhones are registered with him. But he can see only his data. That's the way it has to be.

But user Schmidt has only one iPhone registered with his account but sees for example the calendar of User Dinse and not his own data. After User Dinse has logged off and deleted the KMS-Account on his iPhone, user Schmidts iPhone resynchs, and returns to its own data.

The Calendars are not shared between the two accounts but user Schmidt shares his calendar to his assistant, which is not User Dinse.

Hope that helps,

Regards,
Matthias

[Updated on: Mon, 29 September 2008 11:32]

•  
roly

hi

dinse und schmidt haben ja beide die gleiche geräte id !??

"both users, dinse and schmidt have the same device-id!"

strange...
  •  
matzd

Yes, that is like it looks. Fact is: The device of Schmidt is registred by KMS for Dinse too. Schmidt sees the Calendar of Dinse and not his own. Dinse hast his own Cal and nothing else. We tried to wipe out the wrong one, but when Dinse loggs on again, same procedure.
What I am wondering about, is that logon-name and password seem to be ignored for mobile synchronisation.....

To make the setting clear again: User Schmidt has his own iPhone and user Dinse has his own. They never canged the devices, but KMS seems to ignore this. It looks like one device has the account data of boh users stored...

[Updated on: Tue, 30 September 2008 09:30]

•  
anthony.somerset

have you tried performing a remote wipe of both devices and setting them up one at a time, starting with user schmidt.

it seems that at some point dinse must have used schmidt's iphone for mail because i dont see why S's iphone serial would be in d's account.

for the record i now have 11 accounts with iphones attached no problem, whilst we were testing myself and my boss shared an iphone and it hooked up fine when it came to his turn to trial the phone.

in regards to username and password for mobile devices, it doesnt ignore the login but i think you maybe confused slightly because of the fact the mobile devices maintain a constant active sync connection to the server so dont really have to log in all the time, could this also be a reason why they trip up

also i believe it is important to make sure the iphones have different names in itunes (not only does this help track whose iphone it is) but can reduce some potential network issues that may cloud the problem somewhat

Mac Xserve Intel - 2x 2.7GHz Dual Core Xeon
Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
~60 Users (varying windows and mac Exchange or IMAP)
18 iPhones
  •  
matzd

Yes, we did a wipe. The iPhones never have been changed among their owners and where configured with the credentials of the owners and have never been configured one for each other.
D. never used S's iPhone or vice versa.

What I'm thinking about at the moment: the KMS is in our internal network and communicates with the world outside through a FW and a reverse proxy in our DMZ. Possible prob's there? Kerio's instruction tells, that it is sufficient to have a http-connection to sync the Iphones with KMS, but maybewe need some more ports open...

I'll be back on topic in a few days as I'm going to go to holidays right now! Mayebe I'll get a flash of idea there, thinking of our network! Laughing

Thank's to all replyers for thinking about my issue up to now!
Regards,
m.

[Updated on: Tue, 30 September 2008 09:27]

•  
roly

hi all

by the way... do you use ssl (443) for activ sync ?
if not, did you try ?
bye, roly
  •  
matzd

roly wrote on Tue, 30 September 2008 14:00

hi all

by the way... do you use ssl (443) for activ sync ?

Of cause we do!

•  
bunkerjambe

Here I would let Dinse change his password...then test if it happens again.

If yes, then it looks like a Problem of Kerio.
If not, then Schmidt's iPhone has stored the account information for Dinse too...

I had some problems too with ActiveSync informations stored in my iPhone - but i couldn't see them an so i could not remove them.
I removed the ActiveSync account completly and entered it new.

You could try to restore the iPhone-software of Schmidt's iPhone.
Previous Topic: Add Custom Header for Users
Next Topic: Outlook Express + Erasing
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 00:14:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00483 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.