Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KOC, Outlook and Archiving (KOC, Outlook and Archiving)
  •  
mrossi

Send a private message to this user
I recently discovered that our our companies outlook clients have been oddly archiving items from folders. Normally we turn this feature off but I turned it on and others have to get rid of older emails, yet still have access to them.

I noticed my settings and others where not hold and if they hold are not working at all.

I don't remember this behavior from my days administering an Exchange environment.

I found some postings dated 2004 with this same issue. Anyone got a fix? Kerio fixing this?

We also have the age old problem of people storing too much data. Archiving is one way to help with this issue.
Thanks.
  •  
mrossi

I am the one who posted this.....I never semm to get replies....

Am I asking something that no one knows or that no one wants to reply to? Sorry I just am frustrated with postings that I have done.
Thanks.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It's hard to answer without knowledge of the client you are using. Is it old KOC or new KOC with offline?
  •  
mrossi

We are just using KOC. We do not use the KOC offline product.

Most of my users are very familair with Outlook and it provides many more features than that Kerio web.

We are not sure why the autoarchiving is not working correctly.
Thanks.
  •  
rkovelman

Are you talking about the Auto Archive with in Outlook? If so that is turned on by default and run every 14 days. I do NOT see an option with in Kerio to turn this off. I wish Smile
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

I'd suggest to migrate your users to new version of KOC with offline mode. KOC Offline works well with autoarchiving feature in Outlook.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
mrossi

Yes Autoarchive in Outlook. It is not working properly see first post.

We have not used the KOC offline. Will consider it I guess.
  •  
rkovelman

I would use the new connector
  •  
sedell

Outlook archiving doesn't work with KOC. It works with KOFF, but is somewhat problematic. It only appears to work if your folders are set to sync full messages. Then, there's another issue I've been trying to track down with support where something is changing the modified date on messages. Even though the archive works with full message sync, it doesn't because the modified dates aren't correct.

Scott
  •  
Osmin

Any news on this topic?
A lot of old messages are not archived. I am using the KOFF.
  •  
mrossi

No, no response that helps. We did go to the KOFF and that DID NOT solve the issue. Actually Outlook runs A LOT slower now so it made things worse. I am so disappointed in this software. My users do not like.
Previous Topic: Download mails to local computer
Next Topic: Unable to Install Kerio AD exetension
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 04:51:30 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00497 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.