Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Webmail and Firefox Corrupt Word Doc attachments
  •  
jstookey

Send a private message to this user
When I try to send a simple word document as an attachment using Firefox and Kerio Webmail, the attached file get corrupted. If I attach the same document using IE, Chrome, or Opera, no corruption occurs. I have tried this on several different machines, and in each case the file is corrupted. Here are the exact steps that I took to reproduce the problem (note that my operating system is Windows XP):

1) Start Word 2007
2) Type the words "test" (without quotes)
3) Save as... Word 97-2003 Document (filename: test.doc)
4) Close Word

5) Start Firefox for Windows 3.0.3
6) Log into my Kerio webmail (kerio mailserver version 6.5.2 build 6426, running on Red Hat Linux)
7) Compose a new message, and attach test.doc.
8) Send the message
9) Click on the Inbox and download the attachment to my desktop with a new name (test2.doc).

When I double click test2.doc, I get a message that says, "Word was unable to read this document. It may be corrupt." Note that the message in my "Sent Items" folder is similarly corrupted. Do you have any suggestions as to how to fix this problem?

Thank you.
  •  
pantera10

Hi,

My answer will not help you but I've tested your sequence and I don't have any problem.
My config: KMS 6.5.2 on SUSE linux
XP PRO SP3 with OFFICE 2007 SP1 and Firefox 3.0.3

Are you sure you have OFFICE SP1 installed?
One thing I don't understand is why you "download the attachment to my desktop with a new name (test2.doc)"??
Do you have the same error if you don't rename it?

Regards,

Aurélien

Kerio Connect 7.0.1 on Open Suse 11.1 64 bits
Outlook 2007 with KOFF. 100 users
  •  
nik_donic

Hi,
I have the same problem - Word2007 doc file thru Firefox 3.6. When I send doc as attachement, recepient cannot open it (I am unable to open attachement in my Sent folder too). I disabled any addons in Firefox. When I use IE - attachements are ok.
On another PC with similar configuration is everything ok.
What can I check and fix it?
  •  
mpermann

Try the following.
1. Quit out of Firefox. Don't just close the window you have to actually quit the application.
2. Go to the following location ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/*.default/ (where ~ is your home directory and * is some random letters and numbers in front of the .default folder)
3. Locate the file labeled mimeTypes.rdf and drag it to your desktop.
4. Launch Firefox and login to Kerio.
5. Create a new message and attach a Word document to the message and send it to yourself. Make sure that you do not have the Word document open when you attach it though.
6. Open the new message and Control-click on the attachment and choose save link as and save the file to your desktop.
7. Double-click on the file to see if it opens or if it is corrupted.
Hopefully the file will open properly and your problem will be solved.
Mike
Previous Topic: KC7 & KSH crash on OS X 10.5
Next Topic: mail html
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 18 03:35:55 CEST 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00616 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.