Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » No public adress books or calendars on the iPhone
  •  
faber

Send a private message to this user
Hi!

We use the KMS (6.5.2) and have two iPhones connected via Exchange-Account. The sync in any direction works fine but there are no public calendars or adress books visible on the iPhones. Is that a known fact or is something wrong with our KMS/iPhones?

Thank you for your answers!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

You can search this forum, there are several discussions about this. In general, ActiveSync and iPhone does not support public/shared folders. Mobile devices are designed to sync only private user folders.
  •  
sotospeak

I had public folders and shared calendar in my Iphone (ActiveSync) until last month when I had to change the host information in the connection setup: I do not get public folders since.

Are there any official statements about Iphone/ActiveSync support for public folders?
Most of this forum posters seem to agree it is not possibile to sync public folders: but this is not true because I got through it.

I would really appreciate if some Kerio developer/administrator could explain this supported/not supported issue, thank you

carlo
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I've posted it several times in this forum (search for "iphone public folders").

Current status is that iPhone does not support public/shared folders. We were trying to work around this limitation (and some users could make it 'working' with some hacking) but this solution is definitely something that cannot be introduced in stable and secure product like KMS. We don't want to make ugly hacks in 3rd party protocols or weird workaround that does not work properly and reliably.

We are still investigating all options and looking for a solution. But the absolutely best solution would be proper support from Microsoft (ActiveSync protocol and Windows Mobile devices) and Apple (iPhone) for shared/public folders and calendars.
  •  
Bikermouse

This seems exactly the same issue as I've run into with my Windows Mobile 6.1 phone. Thus, with the same answer from Kerio Sad

What would be a workaround for this?

(only thing I've found so far is to set-up an additional account with access to the user of the shared folders. However you need the credentials of the sharing user to be able to do that. And you don't have push mail but have to poll the mail server every x minutes).
  •  
stevicks

I have found an iPhone app that will give you access to your shared/public contacts.

LDAPeople - cost $3.99 and uses the LDAP protocol so you have to have ldap access enabled on Kerio. For now that doesn't support the secure version (ldaps), but their web site indicates that's coming.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

stevicks wrote on Thu, 12 February 2009 12:52

I have found an iPhone app that will give you access to your shared/public contacts.

There is a default Contacts application on the iPhone. The application can search all public/shared contacts on the server when using ActiveSync.
  •  
Bikermouse

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Thu, 12 February 2009 13:17

stevicks wrote on Thu, 12 February 2009 12:52

There is a default Contacts application on the iPhone. The application can search all public/shared contacts on the server when using ActiveSync.

The standard contacts application on my Iphone doesn't seem to find any contacts in public folders...

Besides this, I would also like to see public/shared mail-folders.
  •  
stevicks

Just successfully configured an iPhone app that gives me access to my public calendars. The app is Remote-Calendar ($7 from the app store). I'm not necessarily singing this apps praises but I can access public calendars via the CalDAV protocol. It gives you a very simple list view of events in a 14 day window. It only shows a summary (start date, end date title etc.). It doesn't show the full details but it's a start.
  •  
mastreck

I purchased this program, but I am not having any luck getting to the public calendars. I tried both http and https settings with the "CalDAV Server Calendar" What settings did you use with the Kerio MailServer so you could get it to recognize it?
  •  
stevicks

I used the "CalDAV Server Calendar" option and set my URL to:

https://www.domain.com:8443/calendars/maildomain.com/user/Pu blic%20Folders/Public%20Calendar

Note the non-standard port (8443). Also use %20 for spaces.

At first I had trouble but I believe I had the URL wrong. I also had no public calendar entries so I added a test entry. I also checked the permissions on the public calendar and played with these a while. I ended up not changing them but I am an Administrator and set the permissions for all maildomain.com to Reader.

I also tried evolution (Fedora 10) and had no luck with public calendars but can do private calendars. Go figure.
Previous Topic: SQL Syntax for MailingList?
Next Topic: 500 server license expire
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 20:39:10 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00468 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.