Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Best Practice: Moving from OS X Server to Kerio? (How do I do this the easiest way?)
  •  
marook

Send a private message to this user
Hi All,

I'm about to move some customers from OS X Server (Mail & iCal) to Kerio.
Any best practice advice, migration tools and such?

And I'm trying to avoid as much manual labour as possible.

Mail: Any IMAP migration tools to recommend?

iCal: Any CalDav or other tools to recommend?

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
rkovelman

You can do IMAP to IMAP transfer. Depending on accounts you can do one at at a time through the server. You could also have each user save the email locally (archive it) and then have them move it back up when done
  •  
My IT Indy

with iCal you can export the calendar from ical and then create the caldav account and then import the exported calendars into the caldav one.

IMAPCopy on Windows does a great job of copying imap flags. imapsync can compile however I've never gotten it to work properly.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
marook

Ok, here is a small update - but an important one.. Smile

I looked at the other mailserver software we sell, CommuniGate Pro, and it turns out that for IMAP & POP it ships with two nice CLI tools to migrate accounts.

I just used the MoveIMAPMail tool to move some accounts over from OS X' Cyrus server to Kerio.The command is as simple as:
MoveIMAPMail [flags] OldServer oldName oldPassword NewServer newName newPassword

It's installed as part of the CGP package (get the latest) and look for it in the /Migration folder. You don't need to run CGP, the utility is selfcontained... Smile

Now, we just need a CalDAV migration tool as well..

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
Previous Topic: Roaming user profiles and KOFF local database
Next Topic: Forwarded Mail Time changed to GMT ?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 00:36:05 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00458 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.