Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How do I make internal users LDAP users? (Move internal users to LDAP users?)
  •  
jamesf

Send a private message to this user
We recently migrated from Exchange to Kerio and during the migration a mistake was made and users were setup as Internal users instead of LDAP users. I found the reason why this happened and new users are being setup as LDAP users. I would like to make the migrated users LDAP users and have not found a way to do this.

How do I make internal users LDAP users?
  •  
Lyle M

Hi James,

I can only offer you a suggestion based on my experience running Kerio on the Apple platform. I have transitioned users in both directions with no problems.

I highly suggest using a test account to verify your workflow. Set up your test account with all the "extras" that your regular users have, so you can evaluate everything and avoid surprises. Back up your data and configs!

1. Use the Kerio admin console to delete the Internal user. Make sure you opt to leave the user's folder untouched.
2. Use the Kerio admin console to activate the same user in LDAP.
3. Make sure nothing is screwed up.

My experience has been that if the "short name" (Apple parlance) remains the same as the folder name in the Kerio directory in the message store, Kerio finds it and uses it.

Good luck.

-Lyle Millander
  •  
jamesf

Thanks, I will give it a try.
Previous Topic: Where is the Conflicts folder?
Next Topic: Two ActiveSync Devices to 1 Account Bug?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 17:05:55 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00461 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.