Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » appointment on two calendars (best practice to have dual calendars)
  •  
ppatel

Send a private message to this user
Hello,
My company uses the public calendar for events and activities. I use my personal calendar for, well personal things, but the issue is I have to constantly look at both (plus my wifes) to make sure there isn't something going on before I add something.

Is there a way to have appt. added to different calendars at the same time? Is there a mod / hack that will allow that functionality?

I'd love when a staff member adds a public event to automatically get added to my calendar?

Any ideas would be great,

P Patel

P.S. I've moved all of my staff emails over to the Kerio and we are loving it. Can't believe we used squirrel mail for 8 years and never looked at kerio?

•  
altivec

BUMP!

Would like to know if possible also.

Running on KMS 6.6

KMS1 6.7.2: Xserve 10.5.8 - 150 users
KMS2 6.7.2: Xserve 10.5.8 - 50 users
KMS3 6.7.2: Xserve 10.5.8 - 10 users/MX BackUp
KMS4 Beta: Xserve 10.5.8 - MX BackUp2
iPhone/WindowsMobile/Blackberry/Nokia

KWF Beta: HP DL380 on ESXi 4.0 - 60 users
  •  
marook

I haven't seen any hacks to do this.

I guess you could script iCal to do this, if you master AppleScript god.

But is it really that hard to have the calendars enabled/shown ??

What client do you use?

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
altivec

iCal (OSX 10.5), Entourage 2008 and Outlook 2007

I would like this to work will all clients Sad

KMS1 6.7.2: Xserve 10.5.8 - 150 users
KMS2 6.7.2: Xserve 10.5.8 - 50 users
KMS3 6.7.2: Xserve 10.5.8 - 10 users/MX BackUp
KMS4 Beta: Xserve 10.5.8 - MX BackUp2
iPhone/WindowsMobile/Blackberry/Nokia

KWF Beta: HP DL380 on ESXi 4.0 - 60 users
  •  
marook

Well, I would look at this from the other direction, and analyze if you use the software the right way.. (!)

You have two option (other than writing a hack yourself):

1: Keep using it the way you do now, and remember to have all valid calendars visible when you pick a free time.

2: Use invitations! Have the 'company' invite all the people that is supposed to attend, so it actually get's booked in their calendar, you have feedback if they are attending, and the time is also reserved in their free-busy overview!
I'm not sure if you can add a group or you need to invite all people independently, but this would be the best way to go, if the system has to work 100%

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
Previous Topic: Firefox Webmail Issue on KMS6.6
Next Topic: Disable Auto Startup Mac OSX
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 11:45:19 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00440 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.