Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » OS X log file location
  •  
cwachs

Send a private message to this user
I'd like to move the Kerio logs from /usr/local/kerio/mailserver/store/.... to the standard OS X log file location of /Library/Logs.

In the mailserver.cfg file, I changed the log file to: /Library/Logs/kerio/

I then created the /kerio/ folder in that location. After restarting Kerio, no log files are created in that new location. I'd like them here so I can use Console to open and search them.

What am I missing with moving the logs??

-----------
Server installation:
Kerio Connect 7.1
OS X Server 10.5.8
Apple G4 X Serve
  •  
generic_penguin

Have you tried a symbolic link on the directory

in terminal

sudo ln -s source_folder destination_folder

•  
cwachs

That is what I ended up having to do. Works fine with a sym link.

-----------
Server installation:
Kerio Connect 7.1
OS X Server 10.5.8
Apple G4 X Serve
  •  
tking13

I created a symlink, but the problem I'm running into is that the privileges for the logs themselves are set to none for everyone but the owner (root). Console doesn't even see the folder, but it can't open the log files anyway (no read privileges). I'm leary of changing the permissions for the log files themselves, but it would be nice to be able to manipulate the log files.

Tim King
Previous Topic: Viewing of archive folders
Next Topic: User administration in KMS 6.6
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 06:12:50 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00459 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.