Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Does anyone use KOFF and NOT have problems?
  •  
cbsys

Send a private message to this user
Does anyone actually the Kerio Offline connector for outlook and NOT have issues??
Looking at the forums, I still see lots of people with problems and nothing seems to get fixed.

I am EXTREMELY annoyed that KOFF still doesnt work properly with Outlook 2007
Putting the issues with the 2 MS updates aside (we always remove them anyway), and any AV exceptions, we see that everytime outlook is opened the computers grind to a halt. This applies to every site we have installed kerio on.

KOFF uses 299MB !!!!! by its process, and about 90% CPU when opening outlook, so there is no wonder the PC becomes unusable!
This was reported and confirmed by Kerio as a bug FOUR months ago (TSP-125102) and Im STILL waiting for a fix

As a reseller we would expect to get a better service than this, and Im extremely annoyed that my customers are left in this state.

If anyone from Kerio actually reads these forums, then I would say get your act together and sort this out - at the moment you have an UNUSEABLE piece of software, and we as resellers are getting the abuse from customers because of it!

Mad Mad
  •  
RHarmsen.nl

Why not try to wait for Mailserver 6.6, I guess it will be out soon.

Next to this, mailing/calling Kerio Support is the only official way of communication, so you might want to complain at that location.
  •  
jfdamico

I am also having problem with KOCOFF and Outlook 2007. It crashes everytime I launch.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

jfdamico wrote on Tue, 07 October 2008 09:09

I am also having problem with KOCOFF and Outlook 2007. It crashes everytime I launch.

Similar issue has been already fixed in KMS 6.5.2.
It's hard to reply when some crucial information is missing (like KOC version).
  •  
jfdamico

Version 6.6.0 rc 1

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

cbsys wrote on Mon, 06 October 2008 14:19

KOFF uses 299MB !!!!! by its process, and about 90% CPU when opening outlook, so there is no wonder the PC becomes unusable!
This was reported and confirmed by Kerio as a bug FOUR months ago (TSP-125102) and Im STILL waiting for a fix

There are few aspects that affect the amount of memory used by KOFF process: some Outlook add-ins, desktop search applications and OS caching (memory management). Basically, on the Vista the process will get a big piece of memory from the system for caching the data and better performance. This is a difference between Windows XP and Vista.

In general, high memory footprint is not always bad as long as it is managed by the system and is used for caches.

Please make sure you're running latest 6.5.2 version as there were some improvements regarding KOFF performance.

The cache used by underlying Firebird database could also grow in a time as the cache size depends on number of synchronized data. Restarting the Outlook usually cleans the cache and reduce the memory footprint.

Anyway, based on my experience, 1GB of RAM is definitely a recommended minimum for fast work with Windows XP and Outlook.

PS: I have two testing machines with Outlook 2003 and 2007 and KOFF use nearly 80MB of RAM from 512MB available.

I would recommend also updating the ticket with the list of applications and Outlook add-ins on your machine to be able to analyze the cause of higher memory usage.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

jfdamico wrote on Tue, 07 October 2008 12:18

Version 6.6.0 rc 1

Thanks.
May I ask you to thoroughly send all Outlook crash information to the Microsoft via the crash upload dialog? The dialog should appear after each Outlook 2007 crash.
We can download it and analyze the data.
  •  
cthomas

Just as an FYI, I have about 30 users all using KOFF 6.5.2 with OutLook 2007 on XP Pro with no problems.

Well, no problems other than the known issues with MS updates KB946983 and KB952142, lack of calendar sharing, no way to reserve shared resources like conference rooms, etc... but normal everyday functions work fine.

I am having some issues with one Entourage user but that is a different topic for a different thread.

- C. Thomas
  •  
cbsys

Well we use 6.5.2 in all our customer's sites
All Pop3 and IMAP work great

Koff connector is terrible. Those updates are removed. As we use office 2007 sp1

The main problem is that when outlook 2007 opens it just hangs there for AGES... at least 30secs to 1 minute before we can actually click on something and use it. This is on a C2Duo 2Ghz CPU with 2Gb Ram

At any time when using outlook it might pause and freeze for a while. The offline connector doesnt appear to being doing anything at the time though.

This fault is not limited to 1 site, nor version of windows, office etc. in most cases the end users find it totally unusable!

[Updated on: Tue, 07 October 2008 22:29]

•  
simonkenning

Hello,

Well I found excluding the Firebird Database file for KOFF in our Antivirus program (NOD32) solved a huge amount of problems with Outlook (all verions) including speed issues. This was true for both Windows XP and Windows Vista. Don't know if this is of any help to you?

Regards,
Simon Kenning
  •  
cbsys

yeah, I already excluded the kerio directory in the user's apps folder for each PC
Also excluded the mailstore on the server too.
  •  
jfdamico

What file or directory needs to be excluded from the Anti-Virus software? I would like to give this a try.

[Updated on: Wed, 08 October 2008 12:23]

•  
jfdamico

Someone above mentioned plugins. The only one I was running besides KOCOFF was one from Panda Security. I uninstalled my Panda AV yesterday and ran without a crash all day. I know Panda does regular AV on-access scanning as well as having an Outlook plugin for scanning email. There appears to be some kind of conflict but this conflict only appear on Vista not XP. If I figure out anything else I will post.

•  
simonkenning

Hello,

The locations of the database file depend on your OS:

For Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\*.*\Local Settings\Application Data\Kerio\Outlook Connector\*.*

For Windows Vista:
C:\Users\*.*\AppData\Local\Kerio\Outlook Connector\*.*

I believe that Kerio advise that no plugins should be used with either KOC or KOFF. It is advisable that Antivirus scanning is handled server side rather than at the client.

If you continue to have issues then I would suggest that you contact Kerio Support and open a support ticket.

Hope that this helps.

Regards,
Simon Kenning

peter.barnes@clatterdin.c

I have exactly the same problem as cbsys. I've removed the updates, shut off the plug-ins and I still HANG several times a day. Today I couldn't even get XP/OL2007 to open without hanging.

I'm ready to have you guys fix this!!! -Peter
Previous Topic: Open Directory Replica and Kerio
Next Topic: Big problem about authenticate secure!!!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 04:47:13 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00545 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.