Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » #deleted showing in outlook.
  •  
bfrawley

Send a private message to this user
On Friday we moved all of our users to a new mail server. To do this is I used the backup and restore feature in kerio. After doing this some of my users have reported having a "#deleted" folder in outlook. I am aware that this is used for deleted item retention but am not sure why it is showing in outlook. The majority of our users are using Outlook 2000 but one of the users with the problem is using Outlook 2003. All users are using the standard KOC and not the KOFF. I saw another post in here saying that this was a known bug but that was back in 2005. I am assuming that they have fixed the bug at this point.
  •  
sedell

Send a private message to this user
I've seen this happen, but only the first time the user deletes something. It seems the #deleted folder only gets created when the user deletes their first item, and it is visible for some reason. Once they close Outlook, and start it back up, it's no longer visible.

When I first enabled the deleted items recovery, I got a lot of calls about this. It's not a problem now, though. When I configure a new account, I send a test message which I delete once I verify the account is working, then close Outlook when I'm finished. The issue is gone before the user logs in for the first time.

Scott
Previous Topic: do not archive spam
Next Topic: Storage limits for multiple users
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 21:01:58 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00424 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.