Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » mail sticks in Outlook Outbox
  •  
martinsch

Send a private message to this user
I downloaded KMS 6.5.2 to test KMS as an alternative for MDaemon. I migrated 2 accounts including their mails via cut/paste in Outlook from MDeamon to KMS. Worked quite well. These 2 users are able to send and receive mails and work with Outlook via KOC.

BUT with some (not all) messages in some folders there seems to be a problem, if the user tries to "resend" the message (e.g. because the recipient deleted the mail) this message hangs in the outbox folder. Seems that this is a Outlook / KOC problem. Doing the same in Webmail with edit as new works fine.
The user told me that this seems to happen only with some mails and he believes that he got some errors during the cut/paste migration. Where is the problem?

Is this an issue with KOC?

•  
tacki

Send a private message to this user
i had a similar problem while moving from exchange to kms. the messages just stay at the outbox and no warning/error shows up.

the solution is really simple (took me some hours Embarassed):
the contacts are also copied from exchange, and some of them have still the exchange-way of addressing (like dn:CN=foo bar,OU=foo,OU=bar,OU=Exchange,DC=foobar,DC=com).

change the related contact or delete the 'cached contact' with <del> from the address-rolldown-menu while writing a mail.

hope this helps... note that i've never used mdaemon.

tacki
Previous Topic: iPhone Contacts in Triplicate
Next Topic: mail delivered to wrong user mailboxes
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 08:42:36 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00348 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.