Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » sharing calendars
  •  
skeates

Send a private message to this user
Good day.

I am after some help. I have a user called office in kerio 6.5.2. This user has various calendars. I want to share these calendars to users in the office, which I can do.

The problem is I want every one to be able to read the calendars, but only certain people to be able to edit specific calendars.

So example is office user has calendars: Tom, Joe, Pete. I want Tom to be able to read Joe and Pete calendar and edit Tom calendar. Then Joe to be able to read Tom and Pete calendar, but edit Joe calendar and so on.

When you enable Tom to edit his calendar it works. As soon as you put him as a reader to the other calendars he becomes read only on his calendar. So he can see and edit all the calendars, or he can see and read all the calendars or just edit his own one and not see any of the others.

It seems as soon as you put read only access to a user on a specific calendar then it is applied across all calendars for the user you are sharing from.

I am using 10.5.5 on the machines and this is being done through ical. The server is 10.4.11, but I have since tested it on a 10.5.5 server.

Explanation to why I am doing it this way is that I want to be able to see all the users calendars on the office iphones. Since iphones and exchange do not support shared calendars. All the users iphones are connecting to the office user which in turn lets them see all the users calendars.

Any help would be appreciated.

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

CalDAV in iCal can use only one access right for all calendars. This means that if there are two calendars in the public or shared folders, iCal will use lowest access rights from them. For read/write access in iCal the user must have at least 'Editor' access rights to all calendars.
  •  
skeates

What is the difference between editor and administrator? They both seem to be the same thing from what I can see. I am sure there is a subtile difference, but as yet not been able to find it.

Thank you for the speedy reply. I assume that this is a problem with the way ical works. Do you know if there is any work around in progress at the moment?

Thank you.
Previous Topic: Massive Improper Deletion of Email
Next Topic: Propagating permissions
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 10:34:24 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00388 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.