Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Problems receiving some emails
  •  
rpal

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

We recently switched to Kerio Mailserver from our old mail system. Users have been telling me that some of their

mail is not being received. After some investigating, I've noticed alot of the following messages from the smtp

module in the debug log :

[16/Oct/2008 20:27:16][4087320576] {smtps} SMTP server session begin; client connected from peuplier.bayard-
service.com:35211
[16/Oct/2008 20:27:16][4087320576] {smtps} Sent SMTP greeting to peuplier.bayard-service.com:35211
[16/Oct/2008 20:27:16][4087320576] {smtps} Connection to SMTP server peuplier.bayard-service.com lost: (54)

Connection reset by peer
[16/Oct/2008 20:27:16][4087320576] {smtps} SMTP server session end

I see this sequence in maybe 1 out of 10 to 15 messages.
What exactly does this message mean other than the fact that the connection was lost ? Is it a time-out issue ?
  •  
jamesf

We recently switched to Kerio and we were having similar problems. Our vendor told me to turn-off the anti-spam and anti-virus to see if that resolved the problem and it did. Since we use a 3rd party to filter our mail first this did not create any other problems for us so I have left them off.

Our vendor said that sometimes the anti-spam and anti-virus settings are too tight. If we were not using the 3rd party filtering service then we would have had to spend time adjusting the settings on those 2 services until we found the right settings to allow the mail to be delivered.

Bottom line check out the anti-spam and anti-virus settings.

•  
rpal

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, however it isn't the antispam since the spam logs show no signs of intercepting the mail. I have since been discussing it with kerio tech support and it seems to be related to our firewall rather than the spam filter. I'll be testing this out this weekend and hopefully will solve the problem.

Thanks.
Previous Topic: POP Setup
Next Topic: Address Book Sync settings / Leopard / KMS 6.6
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 14:59:43 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00399 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.