Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mail Enabled Public Folders
  •  
tbaker

Send a private message to this user
I was wondering if anyone new of any plans for mail enabled public folders. I know I could use them.

[Updated on: Sat, 18 October 2008 05:19]

•  
RPC_Admin

I may not completely understand your request, but here is what I do.

So i have an email address email<_a.t_>mydomain.com this is delivered to our office manager. Her mailbox has a rule that automoves all email to the email address email<_a.t_>mydomian.com to a specific public folder that the whole office can check.
  •  
sedell

Even easier - create an alias. Change the 'Deliver to' selection to 'Public Folder', and choose the folder.

Scott
  •  
winkelman

sedell wrote on Mon, 20 October 2008 14:46

Even easier - create an alias. Change the 'Deliver to' selection to 'Public Folder', and choose the folder.

I thought: "OMG, is that possible?!? Would be nice..." Now I've checked in my KMS 6.5.2 but I can only 'Deliver to' aliasses to 'Email address'.

Are you perhaps running the new KMS beta?

(It occurs to me it is strange to make a drop down list with options box if there's only one choice... Maybe something wrong here? Rolling Eyes )
  •  
sedell

I'm currently on 6.5.2. I've had aliases set up this way for a few years. It's been that way I think since we started with KMS when it was a 6.0.x version.

Scott
  •  
tbaker

I only get the deliver to email address as well.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Make sure there is at least one public folder with e-mail type. If there are no email public folders the Administration Console does not offer such option when creating aliases.
  •  
tbaker

Okay got the option. create the mail alias and then what?

I have never used mail aliases before. Do I need to create my email address infotechfaxes<_a.t_>vbso.net?
  •  
tbaker

Figured it out. Correct me if I am wrong.

Create the email account that you would like to have mail delivered from to the public folder.

Create a public folder and assign access rights.

Create the mail alias in the admin console and deliver it to the public folder that was created.

In Webmail, create the mail filer to deliver all mail to the newly created public folder.

•  
sedell

You don't need to create any accounts when using an alias. The alias will accept mail like any other address, but deliver it to the address or folder you specify.

1. Create the public folder you want to have the mail delivered to, and set access rights.

2. In mail admin, create an alias with the address you want to use for the public folder. Set it to Deliver to: Public folder, then select the public folder you created in the drop down list.

Scott
  •  
winkelman

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Tue, 21 October 2008 14:25

Make sure there is at least one public folder with e-mail type. If there are no email public folders the Administration Console does not offer such option when creating aliases.

Hm, I feel pretty dumb right now. Of course! Embarassed
Previous Topic: How to move the store mailbox to another partition?
Next Topic: KMS 6.6
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 10:44:19 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00484 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.