Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » The official KMS 6.6 results thread
  •  
jshaw541

Send a private message to this user
Please post your post-6.6 upgrade experiences here, good or bad.

Thanks!

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
stripecat

Mostly good. The installation was a no brainer.

However, the webmail login has changed so much, that some of my customizations won't work any longer. I also have to change the logos.

The system seems to work like it should, and the new version of KOFF autoinstalled without a hitch.

All is well for now...

Hoping for the best but expecting ... Smile

•  
sonofcolin

So far, there is no smoke coming from the data center and the NASDAQ didn't collapse. Nice work Kerio.
  •  
m.sand

No problems upgrading here on CentOS 5.2 from 6.5.2. Upgrading clients (Office 2007) worked like a charm.
Finally got full support for the iPhone!!! Working just fine, but keeping fingers crossed....
  •  
bigmountain

So far, I have not had any big issues to report. Once client is telling me that html is now working great with their iPhone via ActiveSync. Another client using Windows Mobile 6.1, is telling me that html email is not working. Other than that, the new web admin is great and very much resembles the Kerio Administrator application. No installation issues and none of my clients are having any difficulties so far. However, it is late in the evening. Tomorrow morning can be a completely different beast once I have 500+ users access their accounts. I am running Apple Xserve (Intel) with 10.5 operating system.

Preferred Kerio Partner and Cloud Solutions Provider - Offering both shared and dedicated Kerio Connect hosting solutions.
Visit us at http://bigmountainmail.com
  •  
samirski

Everything works as expected except webmail. In Firefox and Google Chrome it works well but not in Internet Explorer 7.0. After logging in I'm getting a message “Waiting for http://...../mail.php ” on a status bar. Don't really know what to do. Using webmail over https works but is awfully slow (internet explorer).

The cause of the problem wasn't Kerio after all. I'm sorry for blaming Kerio too quickly Embarassed .

[Updated on: Wed, 22 October 2008 10:50]

•  
bunkerjambe

I've upgradet too...every thing seems good Smile

By the way...
I don't have any problems with webmail and InternetExplorer7.
  •  
winkelman

bigmountain wrote on Wed, 22 October 2008 05:24

Another client using Windows Mobile 6.1, is telling me that html email is not working.

I think I read somewhere a full resync is needed to get that working. Perhaps remove the 'Exchange' profile from the phone and recreate it? (I can't find the page where I read it though, I may be mistaken Confused )

Edit:
Read this in the release notes for a 6.6 beta release (page 2 on http://download.kerio.com/dwn/beta/kmsrn66-en.pdf), I think this is what led me to believe a resync was needed:
Quote:

Upgrade
• For enjoying all improvements of ActiveSync protocol on Windows Mobile 6 devices the
device will be fully re-synchronized with the server after upgrade.

[Updated on: Wed, 22 October 2008 12:23]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

winkelman wrote on Wed, 22 October 2008 12:17

I think I read somewhere a full resync is needed to get that working. Perhaps remove the 'Exchange' profile from the phone and recreate it? (I can't find the page where I read it though, I may be mistaken Confused )

Indeed. Windows Mobile 6.0 and 6.1 devices would be automatically re-synced on the next synchronization after server upgrade. You can verify that these devices are using the latest version of ActiveSync (AS12) in the Mobile Devices status page on Users page in Administration Console. If there is still older AS version (2.5) then remove (not wipe!) the device from the list and let it synchronize again.
  •  
BudDurland

I upgraded both of our mail servers last without any problems. Each took about 15 minutes.

I like the new feature for purging "Deleted Items" and "Junk E-Mail". Having the settings both at the domain & user level is very cool. It would be cooler yet if "Deleted Items" was synonymous with "Trash", for those of us using Thunderbird or one of it's cousins.

I'd also make use of a purge option for "Sent Items". I know this is a bit of a slippery slope, policy wise, but I'd like to enforce it. I'd probably use a very long retention time (1 year) for that folder.

As usual, great job overall by the Kerio team.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
jshaw541

Upgrade went well and so far things are working fine for us and our iPhone users, iCal users, and Outlook 2007 users.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
x-tm

we have ubuntu server (debian) with kerio and the update worke fine.

use alien to make deb
stop server
dpkg -i xxxx.deb
start server

and it works Very Happy

see

Kerio and Debian [Workaround]

•  
pcunix

Customer reporting problems with IE (6 and 7 he says):

Last night, I changed our server to have 6.6.0 rather than 6.5.0. This AM I'm receiving a bunch of phone calls regarding user's no longer being able to use the username/password they have saved in their Internet Explorer to connect.

Since I use Firefox, I hadn't noticed the issue until I started receiving complaints. Upon checking my own account with IE, it asks me if I want to save the username/password, I cliick yes, then on next time in using IE, it acts as though there's no username/password saved for it to use.

Anyone else observed anything like this?

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
  •  
bronco

Ipod Touch with 2.1 sw is also working fine Smile! Push Mail now also works with HTML messages Very Happy .

If it does not work directly than you can try to switch off mailsync off and then back on again.
bronco

Is this version now capable of working with AVG 8?

There is no mention of it in the release notes.
Previous Topic: Downgrading from Kerio Mail 6.6 -> 6.5?
Next Topic: caldav reading of resources calendar
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 16:04:47 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00530 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.