Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » !!! Important: Entourage 2008 12.1.3 update warning !!! ([RESOLVED] - KMS 6.6.1 addresses this issue.)
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

During our testing we've found some serious issues with latest 12.1.3 update for Entourage 2008. We strongly recommend to all our customers to NOT UPDATE to this version now.

We will post more details as soon as it will be available.

[Updated on: Sat, 29 August 2009 21:16]

•  
My IT Indy

What versions of KMS? 6.6 and 6.5.X?

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
bigmountain

Can you describe some of these issues? I have several clients that have already upgraded and it would be helpful to know what to look out for. I have never tried to downgrade an Entourage installation, is this possible or do we need to completely trash the application and reinstall? Thanks!

Preferred Kerio Partner and Cloud Solutions Provider - Offering both shared and dedicated Kerio Connect hosting solutions.
Visit us at http://bigmountainmail.com
  •  
My IT Indy

You probably need to trash the Office 2008 Identities folder as Entourage usually makes changes to its' DB when it's updated.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

HoosierMac wrote on Wed, 22 October 2008 01:10

What versions of KMS? 6.6 and 6.5.X?

All KMS versions.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

bigmountain wrote on Wed, 22 October 2008 01:13

Can you describe some of these issues? I have several clients that have already upgraded and it would be helpful to know what to look out for. I have never tried to downgrade an Entourage installation, is this possible or do we need to completely trash the application and reinstall? Thanks!

Some emails cannot be sent from Entourage and the client may display an error "HTTP Error. Resource conflict on server."
We've confirmed that this happens also for meeting requests sent from Entourage.
  •  
lodewijk

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Wed, 22 October 2008 12:38

Some emails cannot be sent from Entourage and the client may display an error "HTTP Error. Resource conflict on server.

I can confirm this issue with Entourage 12.1.3 and kerio 6.5.2

anyone know what the proper down grade method is for Office 2008 ?
just removing the database seems funny to me, i would like my about menu to display 12.1.2

[Updated on: Wed, 22 October 2008 13:27]

•  
My IT Indy

Drag Office 2008 to the trash and then trash your Entourage 2008 Identities folder. Then reinstall Office and manually install updates up to 12.1.2

-
My IT Indy
  •  
InterHmai

We had someone else in the office with 12.1.2, so I just copied it over the updated 12.1.3 version and Entourage reopened just fine. Didnt have to mess with any identities.

[Updated on: Wed, 22 October 2008 18:55]

•  
sfpete

Confirming 12.1.3 on KMS 6.6 - no meeting invitations are able to be sent... just errors out.

Drag/replace the entire Microsoft Office 2008 applications folder with a 12.1.2 version fixes it.

(phew)

•  
jgvajj

Unfortunately we were hit with a few users who updated. Is their any news on the horizon on when this will be sorted? Thanks for the postings.
  •  
monkeymissile

We already upgraded and I'm not switching back. So far the only issue for us has been Entourage users attempting to create calendar events/meeting requests.
Fortunately using the webmail interface for this still works so we'll do that until a patch gets issued.
  •  
Will Mayall

[Updated on: Wed, 29 October 2008 18:37]

•  
Will Mayall

Apparently, there is a workaround for the bug in Entourage 12.1.3: Simply move the meeting invitation to the Drafts folder and send the message from there.

Microsoft is aware of the bug and says they are working hard to get an update out with the fix.

Will Mayall
monkeymissile

that doesn't work for me....
what did you mean by no message body in your other post?
Previous Topic: Kerio MailServer 6.6.0 Patch 1 released
Next Topic: Entourage 12.1.4 Invite Error
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 02:38:16 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00508 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.