Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iPhone Shared Calendar Beta
  •  
supachicken

Send a private message to this user
From previous forum post there was an administrator who wrote that Kerio were working on a work around for shared calendars on the iPhone.

Has this beta been released yet? Or is there any more information on work arounds for this just yet?

It is a huge limitation of the iPhone!

Cheers.
  •  
xcite

I had seriously expected this is appear with the 6.60 release. This was working perfectly for me under 6.5.2 and was removed in 6.6. I can't understand how full support for the iPhone includes removing functionality.

The same applies for public email folders which disappeared from 6.5.2 and has not re-appeared.

Still waiting patiently ...
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

supachicken wrote on Wed, 22 October 2008 07:49

It is a huge limitation of the iPhone!

Cheers.

I agree. It is a huge limitation of all mobile devices, not only iPhone. Unfortunately, managing shared calendars/folders is not supported neither by mobile devices nor synchronization protocol. We can make this happen only if both devices and protocol will be ready and provide necessary support.
  •  
bigmountain

I use both Kerio and Exchange and I can tell you that my iPhone is syncing either a shared or public calendar in Exchange. I also had users using the "workaround" in KMS 6.5.2. I spoke to tech support this morning and am waiting for them to get back to me. This is huge setback as I have about 100 users using shared calendars on their iPhone. In fact, this is why some of the users chose us for their hosting. I am hoping for a quick fix.

As an alternative, I am wondering if anyone has considered developing a web app for the iPhone? If Kerio cannot make this work via ActiveSync, then perhaps someone can develop a web app program or perhaps an installated iPhone application that can sync the Kerio account via webdav or caldav? They could use this for contacts as well I would think. If Kerio had their own app for shared calendar and contacts, then that would really appeal to a lot of new potential customers. Just a thought. I'd give it a shot myself, but I am not a developer and so it would be way over my head.

Preferred Kerio Partner and Cloud Solutions Provider - Offering both shared and dedicated Kerio Connect hosting solutions.
Visit us at http://bigmountainmail.com
  •  
My IT Indy

I've seen some really strange behavior from iPhones, my own included. I upgraded from v6.5.2->v6.6 last night and initially I could see Public/delegated folders on my iPhone. Then I started having some strange behavior with contacts syncing and I deleted the Activesync account and re-set it up. Contacts were working fine now, but I lost all shared calendars and can only see my own.

I've heard from other clients on my hosted servers that they are seeing the same behavior. They don't want to lose the shared calendar on the iPhone.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
xcite

I'd understand if activesync couldn't do this ... but you have already shown it to work under Kerio 6.5.2.
Can Kerio explain exactly what has caused them to remove functionality that, in my case at least, was working well.

Sean
  •  
My IT Indy

Activesync doesn't officially support Public and delegated calendars was what I was told. It wasn't working to their satisfaction so they pulled the feature.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
BLTomato

Well it's January, any progress made on getting Kerio to synch shared calendars with users iPhones?
  •  
ocmacdude

I notice 6.6.2 is out. Has anyone checked to see if the public calendar sharing is functional again?

On 6.5.2 I'm able to setup my iphones to access shared calendars. These particular calendars happen to be set as read only. The only glitch is that on the iphone the calendars can be "changed", but in fact those changes never really propogate. I can live with this for now. I would hate to "upgrade" to 6.6.2 and find that the shared calendars are no longer accessible at all.

Another Voice.
  •  
My IT Indy

They aren't accessible with 6.6.2

-
My IT Indy
  •  
stevvot

I went ahead and upgraded my server from 6.5.2 to 6.6 a few months back, but never re-set up Activesync on all of our iPhones. Those iPhones can still access the shared calendars and contacts, as long as the Activesync account is not removed and added again.

Obviously this is a temporary solution, since every new employee or replaced iPhone will not get the shared functionality.

I would be in favor of Kerio allowing this functionality again, even with the caveat that changes made on the iPhone to public calendars and contacts would not actually propagate to the server, if that is in fact the case.
  •  
benjah

I am still struggling with this, or, I should say that I'm not, but everyone else is.
I am on an iPhone that's still able to view shared calendars, but nobody else in my organization can, and their phones were all registered to our KMS later than mine (me - 8.18.08, they're all no earlier than 11/8/08

i sure would like to see this functional again, though i'm wondering if that's not going to happen with Snow Leopard, and it's apparent ability to do just that on the way?

any thoughts? any way to downgrade the copy of Kerio (not necessarily a great idea, but, one that solves this issue for me...)
Smile

I should add that we're not running 6.6.2 - we're a step behind, but a client we just set up is, and they're not able to view the shared cals either...

[Updated on: Thu, 05 February 2009 05:09]

•  
ocmacdude

Hello Kerio Personnel,

I understand that there are reasons that the ability to access shared/public calendars is no longer possible via the iPhone interface. This has been stated. It is also true that to some extent this ability was functional in 6.5.x. In my case I'm on 6.5.2 and accessing shared calendars is known to work.

For my purposes I can live with how it works for now. I have not moved from 6.5.2 to 6.6.x for this reason. I understand this may not be the case for the general public, and that is why this ability no longer appears. The only issue I can identify has to do with making changes to calendars for which the iPhone user may not have sufficient privileges. The iPhone interface seems to permit the changes, but in fact those changes do not propagate to the server.

My understanding from prior posts is that the shortcoming is with activesync itself. Discussion on this matter is now scattered among numerous threads on the boards, so its getting harder to keep track of.

Is there an active effort at kerio to reincorporate this functionality back into the product?

Do you know if microsoft acknowledges the issue, and are they working on it?

Is there any other information you can provide? Is there hope?
Previous Topic: Is there way to integrate multiple Resource calendars?
Next Topic: Restrict Bayes training to specific users?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 10:41:26 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00573 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.