Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Address Book Sync settings / Leopard / KMS 6.6 (trying to determine how to use Address Book's Exchange sync option instead of KSC)
  •  
benjah

Send a private message to this user
Hi all -

In theory, this is supposed to be fairly straightforward, and I should be able to use Address Book to sync up contacts instead of KSC (haven't tried the new version; would prefer using Address Book)

using http://kerio.my-server.com/exchange/username
- that makes it appear as if it's syncing, but when I add a new contact as a test on Address Book, and then review in webmail contacts, the new test address doesn't show up, and the number of contacts remains the same.
- i get no error messages or prompts saying that there were issues or that contacts would be modified; it looks like it actually synced

usinghttps://kerio.my-server.com/exchange/username
- it is a secure connection, and that's the official web address for webmail, but Address Book / Kerio give me an error saying that it cannot connect to the address specified.

Username is just the initial before<_a.t_>, which is the same for webmail

Anyone else have thoughts on what this path should be? On a similar note, would like to see contact photo's come through via the sync, and hoping that using Address Book would solve this issue - anyone notice any changes with KMS 6.6 and using either KSC or AB and having this work a bit better?
Rolling Eyes

danke shoen~

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
benjah wrote on Thu, 23 October 2008 02:29

Hi all -

In theory, this is supposed to be fairly straightforward, and I should be able to use Address Book to sync up contacts instead of KSC (haven't tried the new version; would prefer using Address Book)

using http://kerio.my-server.com/exchange/username
- that makes it appear as if it's syncing, but when I add a new contact as a test on Address Book, and then review in webmail contacts, the new test address doesn't show up, and the number of contacts remains the same.
- i get no error messages or prompts saying that there were issues or that contacts would be modified; it looks like it actually synced

Make sure you can access the web interface on this address from internet browser. You can also check the logs in the Console application if there is no error from AddressBook.
Quote:

usinghttps://kerio.my-server.com/exchange/username
- it is a secure connection, and that's the official web address for webmail, but Address Book / Kerio give me an error saying that it cannot connect to the address specified.

Same as above. Plus, make sure that SSL certificate used in KMS is imported to the Mac OS X Keychain.
In both cases, enable WebDAV debugging in the KMS debug log to verify that your client can even reach the mailserver and the problem is not in the network.
Quote:

Username is just the initial before<_a.t_>, which is the same for webmail

Anyone else have thoughts on what this path should be? On a similar note, would like to see contact photo's come through via the sync, and hoping that using Address Book would solve this issue - anyone notice any changes with KMS 6.6 and using either KSC or AB and having this work a bit better?
Rolling Eyes

danke shoen~

Contacts photos are synced since KMS 6.4.0 so you don't have to wait for 6.6.0. I think you need to know two things:
* It is necessary to use KSC for contact (AddressBook) synchronization as direct AB sycn with Exchange does not sync photos.
* Some mobile devices has a limit for photo size. It is necessary to re-size the picture to reasonable size (approx. 5-20kB) before adding the photo to the AddressBook. Otherwise the photo cannot not be synchronized to the device.
Previous Topic: Problems receiving some emails
Next Topic: In what sequence KMS checks incoming messages?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 17:01:04 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00408 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.