Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Growl notification
  •  
Yohann94

Send a private message to this user
Hello,
New to Kerio, that would be fun for mac webmail users if we could receive growl notifications from the server when a new message or a new event is received. The server could log the latest IP adresse used by the web client, and send the notification using something like the growl php class or something like that.

Is there any other way to be notified with new message when we don't use an client application like Outlook ?
  •  
winkelman

Well, in theory you wouldn't need any 3rd party tools to send notifications to Webmail clients. Meeting and task reminders are popping up just fine as well, aren't they? So Kerio could implement a 'new mail' pop-up notification for Webmail. They just haven't done so until now.

(Not that support for other notification platforms would be a bad idea of course Cool )

[Updated on: Fri, 24 October 2008 12:21]

•  
Yohann94

I've just tried with the demo server but I didn't get any notification. And what if my navigator is switched off or hidden in the background ? Would I have any notification ?
Edit : It is said on the website that notifications are displayed as soon as you are login in webmail, even in the background. There must be something with the demo server or with me Wink

[Updated on: Fri, 24 October 2008 14:22]

•  
winkelman

Yohann94 wrote on Fri, 24 October 2008 12:57

I've just tried with the demo server but I didn't get any notification. And what if my navigator is switched off or hidden in the background ? Would I have any notification ?
Edit : It is said on the website that notifications are displayed as soon as you are login in webmail, even in the background. There must be something with the demo server or with me Wink

Notification of what? As said: new email notifications are not implemented in Kerio webmail. Meeting reminders are implemented, so that should work. Note: you can only get reminders from appointments in your own Calendar, not from shared or public calendars.

And what do you mean by your 'navigator'?
  •  
Yohann94

My navigator = Safari or Firefox.

If I understand it well, mail notification is not available. So the idea of Growl in not so stupid... (Zimbra for example has implemented it in its desktop client).

The Web session can be registered with an IP adresse, so you just have to send the notification to this IP address. And growl is extensively used on MAC and has been announced for Windows.
Previous Topic: Disable Auto Startup Mac OSX
Next Topic: Problems with RTF-Emails and TNEF-Decoder
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 21:03:30 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00493 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.