Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Change outgoing email address in Outlook Offline connector
  •  
indigospring

Send a private message to this user
I must be missing something somewhere, but I couldn't see any way of changing the outgoing address (that appears in the From: line) for the one Windows user I support. In Apple Mail I simply set the email address appropriately. The Kerio Outlook connector does it for me and uses the form username<_a.t_>domain.com
The preferred house style for email is firstname.lastname<_a.t_>domain.com (this is used on all business cards and stationery)

Where can I change this? Yes I did RTFM and couldn't see this discussed anywhere.
  •  
sedell

•  
Stalker

That is the easy part...

In our case our support techs are using on top of their own mailbox a common support(at)domain.com mailbox.
When they reply on behalf of the support mailbox they would like to have the return address of the support mailbox.

Did anybody figure that out??
  •  
winkelman

Stalker wrote on Wed, 29 October 2008 16:26

In our case our support techs are using on top of their own mailbox a common support(at)domain.com mailbox.
When they reply on behalf of the support mailbox they would like to have the return address of the support mailbox.

Did anybody figure that out??

AFAIK that's not possible.

If you give someone multiple email addresses (s)he can choose which one to use when sending an email. (That is, actually giving them multiple addresses in the user's configuration in the Admin Console.) In Webmail this works, anyway.

So that's what you want. But in your scenario the problem obviously is you cannot give a single email address ('support') to multiple users... so this won't help you.
  •  
Mozilla77

In Outlook on a new message you can show the From: line. In the From line you can choose support(at)domain.com and as long as the user has access to that account Inbox then the message will arrive as from that account.
Previous Topic: ASyncMailData.cpp and **AirSync.cpp errors
Next Topic: Kerio CalDAV
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 11:28:26 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00438 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.