Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Downgrading from Kerio Mail 6.6 -> 6.5? (Any difficulties, gotchas or problems with doing such a downgrade?)
  •  
d.

Send a private message to this user
Hello Forum Folks.

Has anyone attempted a downgrade of Kerio Mail server from v6.6 -> v6.5?

Is there anything to be aware of? Any "Gotchas", or problems to avoid?

We've had issues with HTTPS stopping itself each morning (even though it says it's running), and with difficulties with clients sending mail.

(Server is running on Mac OS X Server 10.4.11, clients are all Mac OS X 10.5, mostly 10.5.5 to be exact). The problems only started (on the day) when we upgraded to Kerio 6.6.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Derek

•  
bigmountain

Did you try reinstalling Kerio 6.6 to see if that fixes the problem? My 6.6 install is on a 10.5 server and I had no problems with the upgrade. Also, make sure that your clients have upgraded their KOFF if using Outlook. I had a case where one of my clients clicked cancel on the download and install prompt and they ran into similar issues connecting afterwards. Once they upgraded their KOFF, all problems went away. That doesn't explain your https shutting off on your server though, but maybe a reinstall will fix that?

Preferred Kerio Partner and Cloud Solutions Provider - Offering both shared and dedicated Kerio Connect hosting solutions.
Visit us at http://bigmountainmail.com
  •  
  •  
d.

Hello Forum folks.

We've tried re-installing Kerio 6.6.0... So far seems OK. But we haven't had it re-installed for long enough, to see if the webmail stays afloat by itself. Hopefully it will.

It also seems that our content-filtering device and the Kerio server (v6.6.0) aren't agreeing on things at present. So we've had to disable our extra external SMTP scanning for now on that content filtering device... Kerio's filters are picking up enough stuff for now.

With content filtering disabled, OS X 10.5.5 clients seem to be able to send Mail OK (as long as they use Port 25). Previously, with Kerio 6.5.2, our OS X 10.5.5 clients could send mail OK, with our content filtering device enabled, regardless of port.

So, we've had to set the Mac OS X 10.5.5 clients to only use Port 25 (not the Mail App's choice of a selection of 3 different ports, that comes in the version of Mac Mail for Mac OS X 10.5.5). Locking to Port 25 for 10.5.5 seems to be important, otherwise it hunts around for a connection, causing delays.

More info when we've had more time to research/resolve this issue further. Unfortunately, not resolved 100% yet.

Cheers,
Derek

•  
d.

Hi forum folks.

We've moved our content filtering system further up (earlier) in the network chain (closer to our fibre link), and away from the Kerio server, and that seems to have resolved the issue further. Strange how the problem only came up with Kerio 6.6. (Worked fine on Kerio 6.5).

We still find the Webmail service is quite sensitive, and takes a little while (minute or two) to come up if we've stopped and started the service, but that we can live with Smile.

So, in the end, we didn't downgrade to Kerio Mail Server 6.5. Setting the workstation ports to SMTP 25 (on 10.5.5+ workstations) seems to have done the trick (and moving the content filtering system further away in the chain).

Cheers,
Derek

•  
hobson@jdk.com

It's been disastrous for us.

KMS 6.6 upgrade resulted in users unable to edit their ow calendar events.

After trying for most of a day to fix it or find workarounds, we gave up and downgraded to 6.5.2. The problem persisted.

We restored the boot volume to an image made just before upgrading to KMS 6.6 (and a few MOSX updates). The problem persists.

The backup we restored includes the OS & KMS code (/usr/local/kerio) not the data; the mailstore is on a separate volume.

This makes very little sense; apparently there's something changed in the mailstore that caarrys this problem forward, since it did not exists before this weekend's upgrades.

And in the mean time, calendaring is still horribly broken.

Today, as a sanity check, I'm going to restore the entire server (code & mailstore) to its pre-upgrade state, to another machine and see if the problem somehow magically persists there.
  •  
hobson@jdk.com

I'm blogging the details here

http://mvgfr-geek.blogspot.com/2008/11/kerio-66-upgrade-disa strous.html

in the hopes of saving someone else the heartache.
  •  
NigelH

hobson<_a.t_>jdk.com wrote on Tue, 04 November 2008 15:40

I'm blogging the details here

http://mvgfr-geek.blogspot.com/2008/11/kerio-66-upgrade-disa strous.html

in the hopes of saving someone else the heartache.

yikes, thanks fro blogging this. I have the exact same updates to do on our server. I guess I will wait and see how this turns out.

Kerio Mail Server 6.7.2 Build 7821
Mac OS X Server 10.5.8
  •  
hobson@jdk.com

> I have the exact same updates to do on our server. I guess I will wait and see how this turns out.

Prudent - though keep in mind there may be a confluence of factors on ours that does not apply to yours.
Previous Topic: Change default font for composing message in webmail
Next Topic: The official KMS 6.6 results thread
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 04:08:35 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00531 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.