Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » CalDav to-dos calendar not "sticking" in iCal
  •  
bioniccat

Send a private message to this user
I've noticed since the upgrade to 6.6 final (and I've been using all the betas) that my to dos assigned calendar won't stick in iCal. That is, I have several caldav calendars in kerio. In addition to the default "calendar" calendar, I've met a handful of others for other purposes. I can create a to do in whatever calendar I wish, but within 5 or 6 hours, the to dos all revert to the the default "calendar" calendar. I'm getting a fair amount of errors in the log that I suspect are related:

[24/Oct/2008 11:19:53] dav_fldMsgHandler.cpp: SEARCH: User stephen<_a.t_>bioniccat.com is trying to access an event message without VEvent structure: /usr/local/kerio/mailserver/store/mail/bioniccat.com/stephen /Tasks/000000b5.eml

(This error repeats many times with a different .eml)

Anyone else seen this or have any thoughts?

Cheers,
Stephen

:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|
Bionic Cat
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator
http://bioniccat.com
  •  
My IT Indy

I'm testing this out on my own server to see what happens. I've created a few extra calendars and created Todo's in all of them to see what happens.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Such behavior is usually caused by clients which modify (rewrite) todos and remove the property of calendar name. I would suggest making a list of all clients that have access to the calendar and todo folder to trace down which one is causing this.
  •  
bioniccat

I've figured out when this is happening, but I don't think it should be happening, so I wonder if it's a bug of some sort. As it turns out, this isn't related to the release of 6.6, but rather my recent granting of read/write access to my calendar to a colleague. Previously, he only had read access and all was well, but now that he has read/write, every time his iCal client refreshes with the server, it resets my to dos to the default calendar. It's 100% reproducible. As soon as I untick the "allow write" access in iCal, then his refreshes have no affect on my to dos.

So, is this a bug with iCal or with Kerio's CalDav implementation? Is there an official place to file a potential bug report?

Cheers,
Stephen

Bionic Cat
  •  
helping

Did you get this figured out? We're having the same thing happen with a new Kerio setup.

Thanks, Ian
  •  
bioniccat

Hi Ian,

Wish I had, but no, I didn't figure it out. I think it's a bug, so I just stopped using tasks in my non-default calendar in iCal, which is not exactly a solution.

I haven't tried it again recently, but since I just installed the most recent beta, I'll give it a whirl and see if anything different is happening with the newest release. Assuming no news is bad news. I'll let you know if I have any luck, however.

Cheers,
Stephen

Bionic Cat
Previous Topic: how to sync blackberry calendar/contact with kms?
Next Topic: Entourage Keeps loosing connection
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 17 20:20:56 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00451 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.