Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mac Address Book Contacts sync by Exchange: Groups and Images lost
  •  
tmouzinho

Send a private message to this user
When synchronising Mac Address Book with KMS using the "Synchronise with Exchange" option (and the iSynch Menu), the following things get lost:

- all contact's pictures
- all groups (creating groups on KMS doesn't help since the sync mechanism doesn't support more than one address book)

These two vital things also get lost when enabling contacts sync in iPhone.

I had to switch back to not syncing Mac Address Book contacts with KMS again. Same for iPhone ActiveSync: back to iTunes.

Is there a way yet? Or will there be soon?
  •  
My IT Indy

Try the Kerio Sync Connector instead.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

tmouzinho wrote on Fri, 31 October 2008 00:55

When synchronising Mac Address Book with KMS using the "Synchronise with Exchange" option (and the iSynch Menu), the following things get lost:

- all contact's pictures
- all groups (creating groups on KMS doesn't help since the sync mechanism doesn't support more than one address book)

These two vital things also get lost when enabling contacts sync in iPhone.

I had to switch back to not syncing Mac Address Book contacts with KMS again. Same for iPhone ActiveSync: back to iTunes.

Is there a way yet? Or will there be soon?

This is a limitation of "Synchronize with Exchange" function. Using Kerio Sync Connector for Mac instead will sync contact pictures. Groups are not synced to the server but they should remain intact as long as other client which is also synced with KMS do not change the contacts.
  •  
tmouzinho

Thank you very much.

Works for iCal. But not for ActiveSyncing with iPhone. All groups get merged into "All Contacts".

Will there be a solution for that? Otherwise push cannot be used on the iPhone and we have to switch back to old iTunes syncing.

[Updated on: Fri, 31 October 2008 09:07]

•  
tmouzinho

The other issue is that custom phone number types get wiped after synching the Address Book on another computer (with same user login) with KSC.

Not really working for me. Going back to manually exporting / importing address books to home/office/laptop computers.
Previous Topic: How to migrate from one computer to another ?
Next Topic: Documents doesnt open
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 18:04:26 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00415 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.