Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migration from Kerio to Windows/Linux
  •  
larsengstrom

Send a private message to this user
Afternoon ladies and gents.

We've just made the decision to migrate from Kerio to one of our other host, and I was told to snatch up some information about how it should be done.
I was more or less wondering if there's some "clever" way to just extract all the data from Kerio. Any documentation perhaps?

Best Regards
Lars Engström
Sweden

[Updated on: Fri, 31 October 2008 10:43]

•  
sgovind

sorry i didnt understand your post u wanna move from Kerio on windows to Kerio on linux? (if so wise decision Razz)

KMS Version: 6.5.2
O/S : CentOS 5.2
KOFF : 12 clients
Webmail: 53 Clients
LDAP : Active Directory
  •  
larsengstrom

Hi, We got Kerio running on a Macintosh today - but we're planning on migrating all accounts and settings to our already running systems, wich lies on Windows/Mdaemon.
And what I would need is some sort of "smart" exportfunction of sorts, to keep all settings, forwards, aliases, passwords etc - or if I have to do it manually.

//Lars
  •  
larsengstrom

•  
My IT Indy

I think you're going to have to do this manually.

If I can ask, why are you going to mdaemon?

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
larsengstrom

Quote:

I think you're going to have to do this manually.

If I can ask, why are you going to mdaemon?

We, the firm I'm working for, have just recivied a contract on a complete outsource IT-administration, by another company - so we're moving there "In-house" stuff to our stuff, hence Mdaemon.

But thanks for the reply.

//Lars

[Updated on: Tue, 04 November 2008 13:04]

•  
My IT Indy

Gotcha.

Does MDaemon fit your needs better? Kerio can be migrated from one server to another in case you wanted to do that.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
larsengstrom

HoosierMac wrote on Tue, 04 November 2008 13:12

Gotcha.

Does MDaemon fit your needs better? Kerio can be migrated from one server to another in case you wanted to do that.

We've been running Mdaemon for quite a while, and got loads of customers on it already, so a migration from Mdaemon aint planned at all.

Best Regards
Lars
  •  
larsengstrom

Apparently - it's been a change of tides.
Seems we got a spare server running, so my supervisor has made a new decision.

We should know move Kerio, from the customers Macintoshmachine, to a clean Windows install, wich means we'll still use Kerio, not Mdaemon as I said earlier.
Is this possible and can I migrate the data/settings somewhere, install a new copy of Kerio on the Windowsmachine, and import it again?
This would save me quite a bit of time on reconfiguring the lot.

Best Regards
Lars

[Updated on: Thu, 06 November 2008 09:43]

•  
larsengstrom

•  
My IT Indy

http://support.kerio.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=v iewarticle&kbarticleid=257&nav=0,1

Here you go. I've migrated several times between platforms and never had a problem.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
larsengstrom

HoosierMac wrote on Fri, 07 November 2008 13:37

http://support.kerio.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=v iewarticle&kbarticleid=257&nav=0,1

Here you go. I've migrated several times between platforms and never had a problem.

Thank you loads!

/Lars
Previous Topic: Display problem when Kerio server update to Version 6.4.1 patch 1
Next Topic: problems with nokia mail for exhange 2.7
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 23:09:47 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00448 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.