Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Entourage 12.1.4 Invite Error (Meeting invite bug in Entourage still occurring)
  •  
Will Mayall

Send a private message to this user
I experienced the bug in Entourage 12.1.3 that prevented meeting invites from being sent. I am still having problems sending invites in 12.1.4.

The symptom is slightly different. This is the error message I get:

Error
HTTP error. There is a resource conflict.

Explanation
Mail could not be sent. The message has been moved to your Drafts folder.

Account name: "My Account"

Error: -18591

I've posted a message on the Microsoft forum describing this problem. The response was that the above error was not associated with the bug in 12.1.3.

Has anyone else seen this error after updating to 12.1.4? Any idea of the cause or fix?

Thanks,

Will Mayall
  •  
Will Mayall

This is the response from Microsoft:
Quote:

I did get this back from a contact at MacBU:

We changed the at invites are sent. My guess is that Kerio does not
support the new way. Kerio will have to fix the bug because they are
not a supported server for Entourage.

Has anyone else updated to Entourage 12.1.4 and tried sending a meeting invite using an Exchange account?

Thanks,

Will Mayall
  •  
  •  
hobson@jdk.com

> Read the sticky topic at the top of this forum

It doesn't seem to pertain to 12.1.4; is your implication that Kerio recommends users not upgrade Entourage (even to 12.1.4) until further notice?
  •  
Will Mayall

The sticky topic at the forum is about Entourage version 12.1.3. This topic is about version 12.1.4.

I can confirm that with a new user on the Kerio 6.6 server and a new identity in Entourage 12.1.4, this problem exists. As such, it appears to be at least as bad as the problem with 12.1.3, if not worse since it happens with every invite and is not easy to work around.

Microsoft's response to this problem is that it is a problem with the Kerio server and that the problem does not exist when using an Exchange server.

Will Mayall
  •  
hobson@jdk.com

> Microsoft's response to this problem is that it is a problem with the Kerio server and that the problem does not exist when using an Exchange server.

And this is becoming a rather important flaw in the Kerio situation:

The problem frequently comes up that either

1) Microsoft points the finger at Kerio (say, for not being a supported server platform) OR

2) Kerio points the finger at Microsoft (say, for a bug in Exchange)

Regardless of the accuracy of any such claims (and most are certainly accurate), we users are caught in the middle.

Of course various installations/admins will be more or less comfortable with that.
  •  
Will Mayall

hobson wrote on Sat, 01 November 2008 17:53

Regardless of the accuracy of any such claims (and most are certainly accurate), we users are caught in the middle.

Of course various installations/admins will be more or less comfortable with that.

I am stuck in an uncomfortable situation. I currently have a senior executive pushing to switch to an Exchange hosting service exactly because of issues like this one.

Will Mayall
  •  
hobson@jdk.com

> enior executive pushing to switch to an Exchange hosting service exactly because of issues like this one

It's a valid question - as are all the questions about Exchange in the first place.

Every org's evaluation of the pros/cons of Exchange vs KMS (vs whatever) will be different - and should be open; using ALL the factors.

Personally, I'm a bit ambivalent: KMS works fairly well for us for the moment. However a *quality* hosted solution is also attractive, since I've got other things I could spend that time on. Smile
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

hobson<_a.t_>jdk.com wrote on Sat, 01 November 2008 17:53

2) Kerio points the finger at Microsoft (say, for a bug in Exchange)

This is only your assumption and is not correct. All we say is that Microsoft did some change in 12.1.3 Entourage update and we recommend our customers to not upgrade to this version (and later) until we finish testing and evaluate all changes in this update.

Our policy is to provide stable and secure solution which requires testing all updates and new versions.
  •  
hobson@jdk.com

I actually meant to say "Entourage" instead of "Exchange" and it's clear there's a bug in Entourage 12.1.3 that Kerio deserves credit for alerting users to. Credit where credit is due.

In the reverse, when Microsoft says something like "Entourage is designed to work with Exchange and Kerio isn't Exchange", that's accurate too.

However, regardless of the accuracy, my point is that it's difficult for users to be caught between two vendors.

Especially when one is emulating another's product; there's that much more room for users to be caught between.
  •  
monkeymissile

Will,
did you ever resolve your issue? My Mac users installed the newest Office patch and we still receive the error message when creating meeting invites. The message gets dumped into the Drafts folder and after a few attempts to send it from there, the invite goes through. Not ideal, but it works. We use a Kerio public calendar as our "office" calendar. We have found it best to create an event on the calendar first to get it on there and then go back to invite people. We get no error messages that way. Definitely there are still some tweaks required between KMS and Entourage, but I'll never go to Exchange. KMS is just so much easier to manage. Good luck.
  •  
Will Mayall

I've heard from Kerio that they are aware of the issue and that there will be a revision to the server.

I do not think it is possible to work around the problem if you are using Entourage 12.1.4.

Will Mayall
  •  
Will Mayall

From Kerio Tech Support:

"Bug 34751 should be fixed in KMS 6.6.0 Patch 1."

Will Mayall
  •  
Will Mayall

The patch released by Kerio today, 6.6.0 patch 1, appears to fix the problem with Entourage 12.1.4 when sending a meeting invite.

Thank you Kerio for the quick fix!

Will Mayall
Previous Topic: !!! Important: Entourage 2008 12.1.3 update warning !!!
Next Topic: uninstalling KOFF, going back to KOC?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 06:18:32 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00546 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.