Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Resource Calendar (Showing a simple Resource's Calendar by itself)
  •  
generic_penguin

Send a private message to this user
I have an idea and wondering if anyone has done something similar or thought about doing it

Kerio 6.6 now support resources. Thinking would be nice to setup a small screen connected to a computer on the wall beside the resource (in this case a meeting room)

The screen would show a simple calendar of the current booking and the following 2 bookings coming up. The idea being you could quickly see if you can grab the room if you are outside and can see if is not booked or you know when it is being used nexr

Thought about a computer in kiosk mode that's home page points to a page of some kind.

But it's that page that has got me scratching my head. I want it to be nice and simple and only show the days calendar. No messy inbox / side panel etc..

Thought about making a page using this as a template, FYI 6.6. has a bug with this. To make auto login work you need to modify the webmail/dologin.php and sub getVar('kerio_startFolder') with getVar('kerio_startfolder')

But I am looking for a simple calendar only full page, You don't want to see anything else

Any idea's would be nice

<html>
<head><title>WebMail Autologin</title></head>
<body onLoad="document.forms[0].submit()">
<form action="https://xxxxxx/default/dologin.php" method="post">
<input name="kerio_username" type="hidden" value="xxxxx">
<input name="kerio_password" type="hidden" value="xxxxx">
<input name="kerio_startFolder" type="hidden" value="xxxxx">
</form>
</body>
</html>
  •  
d.

Hi generic_penguin and other forum folks.

I've been thinking about similar things, but didn't think about the auto-login issues.

Have you had any break-throughs in these regards (the overall project)?

Cheers,
Derek.

•  
d.

Hi folks.

Just found a solution that will probably work for us quite well, using iCal. Other variations will probably work for other people, but we're comfy with iCal.

(Fully-web enabled solutions would be good though!)

What we did was, work out the publishing URL was for one of our resource calendars.

In this example, I'll remove our domain, and replace it with 'example.com'. Note, your domain name appears twice in the URL.

http://example.com/ical/example.com/conference_room/

(replace 'conference_room' with whatever your resource is called)

Try that URL with your site, in a web browser, and see if it works (should be prompted to download a file). If it does, then you can just go to iCal on a given computer (e.g. a Mac Mini with remote screen), and use the Subscribe option, to subscribe to that URL.

You will need to authenticate (most likely) when you hit the subscribe button. Once off.

Worth noting: only HTTP connections are accepted (no HTTPS). So, if you have HTTP disabled, you'll have to consider your options here. (I'll open another post about this).

All you have to then work out, is how to get the calendar to update to show the "Current" day. Perhaps a simple (albeit overly simple) method is to get the machine to shutdown at the end of the day automatically (Energy Saver prefs), and then restart each morning, auto-starting iCal. When iCal starts, in Day view, it should show the current day.

Hope this helps someone else... I'm still open to ideas on the fully web-based system though.

Cheers,
Derek

•  
d.

PS Found out how to handle the issue of if you usually have Port 80 http disabled...

Use another port, e.g. Port 8080, and then change your subscribe URL:

http://example.com:8080/ical/example.com/conference_room/

You can still block port 80 on your public firewall (and not tell users about port 8080), and live goes on happily Smile.

(We use port 80 from Server Admin, to do a diversion to HTTPS port 443, so that users have to log on via the secure HTTPS).

Cheers,
D.

Previous Topic: how to block non latin character emails
Next Topic: Is it possible to limit mailing list attachment size?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 21:31:47 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00448 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.