Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » using Ramdisk Plus or such product (install kerio Mail server in ram drive)
  •  
ddavis

Send a private message to this user
Kerio mail sever has been a stable, well behaved product for us but seems to suffer still from speed of use. It is installed on an HP DL380 G5 with the OS mirrored on one set of drives and the mail store in raid 5 on another, all on SAS drives. It is defragged with diskeeper twice a day. There is something like 200 users hitting the server during the day and maybe 80 at night. I'd say it runs ok, but I'm always looking for better performance.
I've come across a product called RamDisk Plus, which lets you create a ram dive with your physical memory.
I wonder if there would any performance gain in reinstalling Kerio mail server on a "ram drive"?

I feel the need for speed.......
  •  
hvdholst

I had a similar setup and had speed issues. I moved the mail store to a raid 1+0 set and that improved write speed almost 10 times. I understand that the write speed is the most important factor for the speed of Kerio Mailserver.
  •  
ddavis

After mirroring the OS and having an online spare I have four 72 gig SAS drives left.. 1 for parity, leaving just about 200g of formated space for the mail store/backups. I wish I'd have gone raid 10. Did that for our Terminial Server... having two sets of three stripped drives and mirroring them, then hot spare and offline spare...
Kerio only seems slow to login, but once in it seems fine.
Just looking for that magic bullet.
  •  
elias

Which Smart Array controller are you using? I'm guessing you're using a P400, and if so, did you buy the battery-backed write cache module? If you didn't, that's an option that could make a significant difference, especially with RAID 5.

If you already have that and you're sure its enabled, then there's probably no magic bullet outside of rebuilding with RAID 10.

-Elias
Previous Topic: Windows mobile workaround SSL
Next Topic: Change default font for composing message in webmail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 14:22:04 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00441 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.