Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » uninstalling KOFF, going back to KOC?
  •  
monkeymissile

Send a private message to this user
none of my users need to work offline and KOFF with Outlook 2007 is definitely slower than with KOC. Also, when I archive old emails to DVD, KOFF gives constant "unable to synchronize message" alerts that drive my users nuts.
Is there any issue with downgrading to KOC? Will my users lose any data, contacts, etc? Thanks.
  •  
sedell

How are you archiving old mail? It sounds like that is the crux of the problem with the error messages.

There shouldn't be a problem going back to KOC. All of the mail and contacts are still on the server.

Scott
  •  
amito

First of all it's really weird that KOC is faster than KOFF, because the messages are not cached by KOC.

However here's a statement from the KOFF manual to answer your question:
5.3 Downgrade to KOC
In case of serious problems with KOFF, it is possible to downgrade to KOC again quite smoothly. Although KOC is removed within KOFF installation, both extensions can be installed
on the same computer without any collisions. After KOC reinstallation, it is necessary to create a new profile since the original one has been converted for KOFF. The KOC installation
wizard does not remove KOFF.

For more information, you can read this little manual (6 pages).

[Updated on: Thu, 06 November 2008 16:37]

•  
monkeymissile

I have created a public email archive folder to move old emails into. Eventually I plan to burn that folder to DVD and delete it from the store to manage server space.
So what's happening is this user's KOFF is trying to sync emails recently moved to this archive folder. So, they're still on the server, just in a different location.
  •  
monkeymissile

it seems that the process of downloading and then syncing a user's messages takes a while, especially if they have a lot of mail. We also use lots of public emails folders.
I understand you have to create a new profile and manually remove KOFF.
Thanks
  •  
amito

It's not really necessary to uninstall KOFF, but I can understand you don't want to have unused applications/add-ons on your systems.
Previous Topic: Entourage 12.1.4 Invite Error
Next Topic: 6.6 Kerio Mac Sync Connector
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 20:35:44 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00386 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.