Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » OS X Blackberry Support
  •  
supachicken

Send a private message to this user
Heya Guys,

I'm looking at doing a new roll out.

It is going to be running on a 10.5 server and needs to support iPhone and Blackberry. Is there any software other than notify link that will allow me to do this?

Cheers,
Dave.
  •  
NigelH

As far as I know there is no other way to get OTA syncing with Blackberry other than NotifyLink.

This is what we do:

iPhone:
* IMAP email (you can use exchange push but you don't have access to attachments)
* OTA ActiveSync Calendar and Contacts

Blackberry (we are phasing out Blackberry):
* IMAP email with Blackberry/Provider service
* Cord Sync MissingSync or PocketMac for Calendar and Contacts.

In order to cord sync you need to have the kerio contacts and calendars coming into AddressBook and iCal. One way is to have an Entourage account syncing with them. The other way is to use the Mac Kerio Sync Connector to directly snyc AddressBook and iCal with the Kerio server.

That said, Kerio Mac Sync Connector, IMHO, is unstable and an unreliable method of syncing. Perhaps this has changed in 6.6 but I haven't updated as of yet.

Kerio Mail Server 6.7.2 Build 7821
Mac OS X Server 10.5.8
  •  
My IT Indy

Nigel,

With KMS v6.6 you can do ActiveSync with iPhones and you don't have to use imap anymore. Push email rocks.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
NigelH

HoosierMac wrote on Wed, 05 November 2008 18:28

Nigel,

With KMS v6.6 you can do ActiveSync with iPhones and you don't have to use imap anymore. Push email rocks.

Thanks, I am assuming you can have access to attachments now?

Kerio Mail Server 6.7.2 Build 7821
Mac OS X Server 10.5.8
  •  
My IT Indy

Yep, attachments are supported.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
billb3

Check out "NotifySync" (in beta, releasing any day now) & AstrasSync for the BB.
Previous Topic: Installing SSL Certificate
Next Topic: Bug: Webmail Edit Event: Invitation status gone in iCal!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 14:49:08 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00420 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.