Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Installing SSL Certificate
  •  
cookesfurn

Send a private message to this user
Hi

Am in desperate need of some help with getting an SSL certificate to work properly with KMS 6.6

I have got a 14 day trial certificate from VeriSign; this was generated using Kerio's guidelines of generating the request from the admin console and entering that into VeriSign’s website.
I got the .crt file from VeriSign; this was then copied into C:\Program Files\Kerio\Mailserver\sslcert on the server and renamed to the same name as the .csr and .key files

In the admin console I then set this as the Active certificate and re-started the mail server. However every time I browse to https://mail.domainname.com I am still getting a certificate error

VeriSign’s support say "VeriSign trial certificate are chained which means the trial intermediate certificate has to be installed on your server" and Kerio support say that "Kerio MailServer does not support server-side intermediate certificates"

Can anyone offer any help with this? Or an alternative certificate provider that they have used which works simply to allow SSL access to my mail server.

Many thanks in advance
  •  
generic_penguin

Either get a signed root certificate at $$$ or you will need to install the intermediate certificate

Kerio MailServer allows authentication by so called “intermediate” certificate. To make authentication by these certificates work, it is necessary to add the certificates to Kerio MailServer by using any of the following methods:

Locally
Add the “intermediate” certificate file to the /sslca directory and copy the server's certificate with the private key to the /sslcert directory. Both directories can be found in the directory where Kerio MailServer is installed.

Unfortunately, if you are wanting to use the over the air ActiveSync feature with Windows Mobile devices, the WM5 devices don’t accept SSL certs that are signed by intermediate certs. You may have to import your intermediate certs using this technique. You might want to avoid the headache and pay more for a SSL certificate that is signed by a root certificate.

Have a read of this for some help

http://blog.irisink.com/?p=51
  •  
wraa

Hi got my ssl on qualityssl.com

He make the right packet no problems

https://secure.qualityssl.com/en/order/ssl-certificates/qual ityssl-certificate.lasso

Very Happy Peter
Previous Topic: IMAP Accounts and Outlook 2003
Next Topic: OS X Blackberry Support
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 20:23:44 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00855 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.