Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Exchange Migration Tool and HUGE mailboxes
  •  
lodewijk

Send a private message to this user
I have some very big mailboxes i need to migrate from our old exchange server to kerio. A few around 8GB and even a 19GB mailbox (crazy!) will this be even worth trying?

Then i guess the next question would be what to do with it once it's in kerio, since i would like to keep a cap of 2GB per user.
any ideas?
  •  
My IT Indy

I have seen the migration tool work great, and I've seen it choke (that was a long time ago, maybe around 6.0.1).

As for what to do about your users, it depends on what is acceptable at your company. You can help them trim down their email and archive it (you didn't say what platform your clients are), or you can set hard limits and not let them receive any email until they get under 2GB.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
wodcarik

Archiving is the most important step you can take to optimize your server and provide redundancy. In addition, your end users need to find a fast solution to searching through thousands of emails and gigabytes of files.

[Updated on: Fri, 21 November 2008 20:30]

•  
rkovelman

lodewijk wrote on Sun, 09 November 2008 06:58

I have some very big mailboxes i need to migrate from our old exchange server to kerio. A few around 8GB and even a 19GB mailbox (crazy!) will this be even worth trying?

Then i guess the next question would be what to do with it once it's in kerio, since i would like to keep a cap of 2GB per user.
any ideas?

If you have 19GB mailboxes in general thats very large. You may want to have those users archive there mail off the server and find an appliance to handle individual users pst files for that. I did a lot here that are 6 GB and it worked fine
  •  
wodcarik

That is the main issue. What do you do with it later.

[Updated on: Fri, 21 November 2008 20:30]

•  
rkovelman

The problem is I know I can't trust you with my content or any hosted provider. I know my IT team I can trust. BTW there is many solutions to help him do what he needs. This forum was created to help people solve problems not sell your services.
  •  
lodewijk

I will give the migration tool a swing this week, will let you know how it works out!

To reduce user mail box sizes on the server i'm thinking of just copying there older mail locally to there machine.
Previous Topic: deleting local KOFF folder after switching back to KOC?
Next Topic: Special Situation: HOW TO ??
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 14:44:10 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00438 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.