Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Apple OD and Kerio LDAP (trying to access both services simultaneously)
  •  
anthony.somerset

Send a private message to this user
Hi There

i have the latest version of KMS running on my 10.5.5 OD master

all my client machines run fully updated versions of leopard and its a we generally use entourage 2008 with iCal for calendars (entourage's calendar is not as good)

i am having some fun trying to get the directory services working on client machines...

i can either have OD authentication for computer log ons or LDAP authentication (for ical etc) to Kerio

but not both on the same address.

i have a potential workaround which is rather a kludge but should work

in that i set up kerio's LDAP in directory utility (DU) using the domain name, and if i use VPN (or from inside the office) and use the local IP of the server for apple ODM authentication (to process computer log ons)

this seems to work, but i am looking for a neater solution to this. does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can get this to work neater and easier to setup

does kerio simply repeat OD through its LDAP server or is it a seperate server that replicates info from the OD?

Mac Xserve Intel - 2x 2.7GHz Dual Core Xeon
Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
~60 Users (varying windows and mac Exchange or IMAP)
18 iPhones
  •  
indigospring

I have changed the Kerio LDAP service to run on port 3268 (which may be a port Exchange uses). In any case the iCal setup script does the right thing and adds Kerio as a second LDAP server for contact searching only, not authentication.

Or almost the right thing. It puts in authentication as the user who ran the installer, so other users sharing that workstation will be able to search the other user's personal address book.
  •  
anthony.somerset

yes thats how we do it with regards to ports

the problem we have is that if we already have the ldap server setup for apple open directory it complains about it and doesn't complete, they only way to do it is to delete it and run setup or manually add the configuration (which isnt the issue)

but then its impossible to tell which server to use for contacts and which to use for authentication (the search policies page) as they have the exact same address (unless i set the ODM as a local IP - which defeats the object of being able to access the OD on the go)

the directory authentication is another matter i dont like either, although not really an issue except on one or 2 machines as generally all users are MBP's with there own machine

Mac Xserve Intel - 2x 2.7GHz Dual Core Xeon
Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
~60 Users (varying windows and mac Exchange or IMAP)
18 iPhones
Previous Topic: Leopard iCAL Advice
Next Topic: Web Interface - Subscribe to Shared Calendar
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 10:23:17 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00854 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.